Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my wife and I were in college we had a Ford Pinto. After the third wreck, the F fell off of the hood. We named her Ord. Soon afterwards, I bought a white F100 and she donned the name of Ghost after many mishaps. Many others since then. Any others?

·
892 Posts
When my wife and I were in college we had a Ford Pinto. After the third wreck, the F fell off of the hood. We named her Ord. Soon afterwards, I bought a white F100 and she donned the name of Ghost after many mishaps. Many others since then. Any others?
I call my Lava Orange Boxster S Clementine & my wife's old A4 cabriolet was called Skippy, on account I used to tease her that it looked like a rubbish skip on wheels. :D

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
Current 718: Alli (short for alligator, of which a caiman is a subfamily)
BMW 228 M Sport: The Blackened (Anything silver was blacked out on the exterior, right down to the badging and exhaust)
2006 Mini Cooper: Bessie (No good reason, really: an ex named it)
2002 MkIV GTI: BK (Boxstah Killah)
1997 Dodge Avenger: The Batmobile (black/black/black with metallic silver window tint ... and a small Batman sticker on the top of the rear window, hehe)

A few others not worth mentioning (or my memory isn't cooperating) ...

·
Registered
720 Posts
We have a base model, white Cayman with only one option (PDK).

Thus, we call it: "Plain Jane".

Or sometimes, the "Porker".
------------------------------

We never refer to our MG race car as "The MG". We also refer to it as "909".
(and yes, when other racers are behind me, I always tell them they are "the one after 909").

We have an Austin A35 vintage racer we refer to as "The Flying Teapot" (if you've seen one, you'll understand).

I call my wife's 2017 Honda CRV "DBB" (Death By Boredom")

·
Registered
122 Posts
My wife calls my 718 Boxster - Mistress (because i sneak out with her and go for long drives)

My Chevy Tahoe - she calls - Bessie

Her Convertible MBenz she calls - Lola

·
Registered
310 Posts
I called my Infiniti G37 coupe the "Divorcemobile" because my wife didn't want me to get it, and, well, you can tell what happened next. Best decision I ever made, by the way.

Reactions: Viffermike

·
Registered
161 Posts
I name all my cars, my 718 is called Brooklyn. New Yorkers would understand why.

Rippey

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have only named one car in my life. I had a 1976 Lime Green Chevy Vega. Several of my buddies kept calling it the "Green Weenie." It was an unfortunate name--but very distinctive and seemed to fit the car.:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
1984 Nissan Sentra stripper ($4900 new, cheap even then). My 2 year old (now 32) called it the "Pizza Junk" because it was noticeably threadbare and noisier than Mom's 'loaded' '83 Sentra.

1994 Volvo 960 - "The Deer Hunter" - this car had an appetite for venison. Hit five or six within a couple of years.

No notable names since as the garage has gone upscale and Teutonic. Pennsylvania deer are apparently smarter than New Jersey deer.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The sound a baby does when he/she plays with a toy car, thats the name for my Porsches.
Dont ask me why....

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not too original here.

My 2014 Cayman - "The Cayman"
My 1993 Pathfinder - "The 'Finder"
Spouse's 2016 XC70 - "16"
Spouse's 2006 XC70 and my "primary DD" - "6"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts