Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks everyone. I'm sorry I hijacked this thread. That wasn't my intent. Wish I was able to attend the swap. I was really looking forward to it since it was cancelled last year.
In my opinion you did not hijack this thread and there was nothing inappropriate about a concern for Willie and you. In fact, I find that diversions to other things important to us is part of what makes this forum so enjoyable to be a part of. I have used this forum since November, 2018 (when I placed the order for my Boxster) and am active here because it is a both friendly and informative forum. In comparison, there are other forums where the forum police are active and annoying. I use these other forums because sometimes they have information I need but the constant admonishments to use Google first and/or stay on topic make these forums unpleasant to visit. This forum is so very active because the Porsche's we have bring so much pleasure to our lives and we all enjoy being part of something where everyone is having a satisfying time. In my mind, our families, and that includes your Willie and my Tyson, are more important than our great machines as the machines are replaceable relatively easily. In other words, this forum exists to help us enjoy something important to all of us, it also includes a significant personal component, especially among the frequent contributors, and the mix of personal and car related discussion is a positive component. This is no different than the way a conversation would go if we were all standing together in person and in a group with a drink in our hands.

·
Vendor
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you to everyone who came out this weekend!
Great to see so many friends and enthusiasts enjoying the atmosphere. Truly what this community is about.

Every year I reflect on the event and I still can't decide what is more fun... the cruise out to Carlisle or the event!
Overall a fantastic start to the event season, looking forward to seeing everyone again soon (Especially Willy).

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Great video John, but at the same time sad. It looked like less than half the normal attendance. Hopefully next year the attendance will be back to normal.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts