Porsche 718 Forum banner

Phone Dial for 718 ?

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Luke718 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Aye I really like that look.
I absolutly love the 944 with those wheels and I always think if I can find one in a decent state at a good price it ll be dificult not to get it.
In the meantime, maybe I ll be content to put the dials wheels on my 718...Depending on price, might be more cost efficient to get a 944 with phone dials than phone dials for my 718 :ROFLMAO:

Things to think about when the apocalypse is over.

#8 ·
I believe the 944 is the least expensive Porsche to maintain. Over 23 years of ownership (not a daily driver) I paid very little for regular maintenance. I did rack up a lot of money in mods (stainless steel, headers, down pipes, cat back and ECU chips). The timing belt/water pump was not cheap at about $1,800 but I had my timing belt on for long time intervals.

#9 ·
Thats good to know!

You kept it for 23 years?! And never got any major problem with it ?

If I may ask, how much milleage have you put on it ?
Would you feel confident about a 944 with solid history but over 100k miles, just for a fun weekend car, not daily? And parking a 30 year old car outside in a driveway in a wet climate?

Apologize for the barage of questions. :)

#10 ·
I bought the car with 14,000 miles when it was eight years old. It was perfect. I added 35,000 miles over the 23 years I owned it, so not heavy use. I changed oil myself once per year and had brake fluid flushed every two years and coolant flushed every four years. I only had to recharge the freon in the air conditioning twice! The air conditioning system produced cold air flawlessly.
Personally, I would not buy a 944 with over 100,000 miles, but I do see lots of 944 Turbos ( I track them via Bring a Trailer) with 150,000+ miles.

#11 ·
I put 10 miles in last 6 months on my perfect 89 44 turbo with 60,000 miles and just got a bill from shop for 4,500 for a few little things. They aren't cheap. Cheap to buy but still a porsche to fix!

#14 ·
And white :love:

What were the little things if I may ask? Was the bulk of the price f
Labor is brutal. This was alternator, power steering hose, a couple oil lines, tranny mounts, tranny seals and a cam tower seal

Reactions: 718Niko
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.