Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Administrator
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Share a picture of your Porsche 718 right now. Doesn't have to be a perfect picture. It could be anywhere and in any state or condition.

Please follow the guidelines below:

• Picture is taken from the last hour
  • Post a minimum of 1 picture and maximum up to 5
  • Do not stage car

·
Registered
344 Posts
2 hours left before the weekend begins! :D

Attachments

·
892 Posts
@johan You lazy Viking ;)
This is taken after a big portion of Belgian fries, got to burn some calories =)
I hope you had lots of that super unhealthy Belgian Mayonnaise with those fries. As a matter of interest which part of Belgium do you live? Only asking I used to live in Liege as a kid & have also spent a considerable amount of time in Flanders over the years.

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
I hope you had lots of Belgian Mayonnaise with those fries. As a matter of interest which part of Belgium do you live? Only asking I used to live in Liege as a kid & have also spent a considerable amount of time in Flanders over the years.
I actually did have lots of Mayonaise with the fries, normally I take something more spicy as a sauce like samurai (chili-mayonaise)
Interesting to hear you lived in Belgium, I'm from east-flanders, between Ghent and Aalst. So you still speak a little bit french then?

thinking of this as a dessert ;p

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Share a picture of your Porsche 718 right now. Doesn't have to be a perfect picture. It could be anywhere and in any state or condition.

Please follow the guidelines below:

• Picture is taken from the last hour
  • Post a minimum of 1 picture and maximum up to 5
  • Do not stage car
Not staged. This photo was taken 5 minutes ago.

It's raining here in New Jersey, USA and I drove our MGB to a doctor's appt this AM.

My wife's bridge club is here today and the ladies have blocked the garage entrance with their cars. Otherwise, the B would be in this photo too.

Reactions: CupraLeon and johan

·
892 Posts
I actually did have lots of Mayonaise with the fries, normally I take something more spicy as a sauce like samurai (chili-mayonaise)
Interesting to hear you lived in Belgium, I'm from east-flanders, between Ghent and Aalst. So you still speak a little bit french then?
Love the spicy sauce. though some of it can be mad hot. The other forum members must wonder what on earth we're talking about but the choices of Mayonnaise in a Belgian frite shop is simply extraordinary. As for speaking french... Hmmm you do know I'm British right? We pretty much all suffer from the same disease where we expect everyone to speak English. I believe it's a hangover from the days when we had that quaint custom of marching into other peoples countries & calling them ours. Seriously though, as my father was armed forces we had our own school, as did the Americans. The only other kids we ever mixed with were either British or American as their school was next door. As for learning French afterwards, I never saw much point as I've spent relatively little time since in either France or French speaking Belgium. I've often been to Bruges & Ghent but trying to learn Flemish Dutch is an absolute nightmare. In any case my experience around Flanders is that many of you from Flanders dislike speaking French, the French speakers from Brussels & beyond stubbornly refuse to speak Flemish Dutch & you all end up only conversing with each other in English anyway. :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
Spoken like a true Brit @Chilli, it's the colonial past indeed ;) Good taste on the sauce btw.
I'm not like the most flemish i.e. I value/speak the 3 languages we have in Belgium, dutch-flemish, french and german. But you are spot on with your insight on flemish/walloon people. We Belgians were always ruled by other countries, that's why we learn other languages so easily ;) Belgium is so small that most American artists when they do a concert somewhere in Belgium, think they are still in Brussels (where the national airport is located) Funny thing to hear them say "hello Brussels" on a stage in Ghent :D
From what part of England are you Chilli? Last year I spend my holiday in Cornwall, great place and good food, and very tight but beautifull roads to drive on! (with a rented fiat abarth 500)

·
892 Posts
Spoken like a true Brit, it's the colonial past indeed ;) Good taste on the sauce btw.
I'm not like the most flemish i.e. I value/speak the 3 languages we have in Belgium, dutch-flemish, french and german. But you are spot on with your insight on flemish/walloon people. We Belgians were always ruled by other countries, that's why we learn other languages so easily ;) Belgium is so small that most American artists when they do a concert somewhere in Belgium, think they are still in Brussels (where the national airport is located) Funny thing to hear them say "hello Brussels" on a stage in Ghent :D
From what part of England are you Chili? Last year I spend my holiday in Cornwall, great place and good food, and very tight but beautifull roads to drive on! (with a rented fiat abarth 500)
I live in Wales & the area I live is very much like Cornwall actually, including the roads (except many of theirs are wider). Although my wife is Welsh, I'm actually English & from Yorkshire, but lived in various different areas as a youngster due as mentioned earlier to my father being in the armed forces. Going back to Ghent, I've been to the bar Dulle Griet a few times but have now given up on the strong house beer. Them taking your shoe off you & hoisting it up to the roof in a basket before serving you is quite quirky & amusing at first. However when you've drunk a few & have to stand on one leg in the toilets to avoid dipping your sock in a urine soaked floor it becomes a little less amusing. :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
I live in Wales & the area I live is very much like Cornwall actually, including the roads (except many of theirs are wider). Although my wife is Welsh, I'm actually English & from Yorkshire, but lived in various different areas as a youngster due as mentioned earlier to my father being in the armed forces. Going back to Ghent, I've been to the bar Dulle Griet a few times but have now given up on the strong house beer. Them taking your shoe off you & hoisting it up to the roof in a basket before serving you is quite quirky & amusing at first. However when you've drunk a few & have to stand on one leg in the toilets to avoid dipping your sock in a urine soaked floor it becomes a little less amusing. :D
Wales, maybe an idea for a future holiday. Hahahaa, they invented those baskets so nobody would steal the quite expensive/rare beer glasses no more (especially the Kwak ones). Good place, but when you visit Ghent again let me know, there are quite some other good bars with a big selection of beers, where you can keep your shoes on. ;)

·
892 Posts
Wales, maybe an idea for a future holiday. Hahahaa, they invented those baskets so nobody would steal the quite expensive/rare beer glasses no more (especially the Kwak ones). Good place, but when you visit Ghent again let me know, there are quite some other good bars with a big selection of beers, where you can keep your shoes on. ;)
I actually have a quite a collection of Belgian beers glasses including a Kwak one but I bought all of mine. Sorry we kind of hi-jacked the thread folks. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
After a nice wash and detailing with Avery Dennison Sealant on my Satin Pearl white wrap ... first time using a DIY foam sprayer - happy with the result!

Had great fun - can’t wait for my Worx blower to arrive nx week for a easier hands-free drying experience!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Just returned from holiday to find my neighbours cats have puked up a half eaten mouse on my soft top.

Ouch!
Cats love the soft top :crying:
So if my car is outside i always have protection on, so no claw marks or such

1 - 20 of 116 Posts