Porsche 718 Forum banner

281 - 300 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts

Just aligned after the recent spring install. Pleasantly surprised these cars had front camber adjustability from the factory. Dialed in the camber in the rear as well.

Gonna need some wider wheels and stickier rubber now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What springs did you go with?
Buddy of mine is a Porsche Master Tech down here at the collection and had a set of H&R springs laying around. Couldnt pass em up for the price and will hold me over until I'm ready to invest in a full coilover setup. Money is going towards Numeric Short Shifter and Cables and a full Soul Performance exhaust currently.

Ride isn't far off from OEM. Did I lose a few seconds off a lap time? Maybe. I'm not tracking the car, yet. I love the look of a lowered car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Buddy of mine is a Porsche Master Tech down here at the collection and had a set of H&R springs laying around. Couldnt pass em up for the price and will hold me over until I'm ready to invest in a full coilover setup. Money is going towards Numeric Short Shifter and Cables and a full Soul Performance exhaust currently.

Ride isn't far off from OEM. Did I lose a few seconds off a lap time? Maybe. I'm not tracking the car, yet. I love the look of a lowered car.
I was also looking into the H&R but what finally swayed me back into just saving up for coilovers is the adjustability and long term ride quality. Since my wife drives the Cayman primarily, I need to be a little conservative with lowering and be able to soften dampening, if needed.

Yours looks great, can’t wait to see what wheel setup you go with!

·
Registered
57 Posts
@mfbmike

Ok, give us the low down.

What are the steps and techniques for the perfect wash?
Not sure perfect is the word but what has been proven to work for my personal vehicles as well as my clients vehicles is the two bucket wash method.

Wheels/tires/wheel wells first.
Rinse car.
Foam Pre Soak
Two Bucket Wash.
Rinse.
Dry using drying aid.

I actually have a page on my business website that goes over some basic washing and drying principles that I suggest my clients read after any sort of paint correction or ceramic coating work is performed.

281 - 300 of 319 Posts