Porsche 718 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Bought some professional pictures from Zack at ABI-Photo from last weekend's KYPCA HPDE. In the passenger is my "nerves of steel" instructor John Flesburg as we zoom around Turn 7 at Putnam Park Road Course in Indiana. Earlier in the morning I had gracefully left the track into the grass sideways on that turn but even on a wet track the next day I didn't repeat that stunt.

Attachments

Reactions: RussellHodgson

·
Registered
720 Posts
Two recent snaps of my Cayman:

One is early-morning in our driveway after I had left it out all night (needed the garage space to work on another car).

The other at our local "Cars & Croisannts" morning meet-up with a 718 Boxter
(we have a C&C coming up on Father's Day with 500 cars predicted to show but there will be so many P-cars at that one that I'll take one of my Brit-cars instead).

Reactions: WRTFLYR

·
Registered
20 Posts
Amana Colony meet

Central Iowa Region PCA invited owners to display their vehicles today at the Amana Colonies. Nice collection of models, from a 1953 (356) to the newest (2018 718). A one-off shower that lasted 7 minutes this morning gave way to partly sunny conditions. An avid group of people, enthusiastic and dedicated, but as is typical of the population in this state, not one to show off, boast, nor brag.

https://cia.pca.org/event/cias-50th-anniversary-celebration-car-show/

IMG_3203.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts

@Calimerus, this is one of my favorite Cayman shots ever! Really captures the lines beautifully, awesome job.

The decision to get a 718 was easy for me, but I went back-and-forth 100 times about whether to get a Cayman or Boxster. In the end, I went for the sun-in-my-face/wind-in-my-hair appeal of the Boxster, but pictures like this make me second-guess my decision a bit. The gorgeous lines of the Cayman are very well captured here.

Again, just a great pic, thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: Calimerus

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sad. Flat tire on rear passenger last night. ? beyond sad, as I’ve only had her for less than 2 months. Porsche Roadside Assistance was there though. Just hope nothing happens in the meantime. Call me paranoid.
That's a bummer. Did the tow truck give you a ride to the dealer with the car?

Reactions: boxster718

·
892 Posts
Sad. Flat tire on rear passenger last night. ? beyond sad, as I’ve only had her for less than 2 months. Porsche Roadside Assistance was there though. Just hope nothing happens in the meantime. Call me paranoid.
It's a flat it happens, don't worry, my experiences with Porsche assistance in the U.K have been excellent & I'd be surprised if they're not equally as good in the U.S. It could have been far worse & didn't result in an accident, so look on the bright side. On top of that it's only one puncture, I had only a few thousand miles on mine & started to get extremely slow pressure loss on the passenger side rear (a couple of PSI per week). I drove to the OPC some 120 miles each way where a very small nail was found & a new tyre fitted. On the way home I managed to pick up another much larger nail which required yet another tyre replacement (same wheel too). This time it was entirely un-drivable & required recovery by Porsche assistance back to the OPC. I ended up with a third tyre on that wheel in around 3000 miles or so, one of which only covered the 120 mile journey home. Sometimes I'm just so unlucky I reckon I could fall in a bucket of nipples & still come out sucking my thumb. ;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not the first to point that out

You know me a true man of the people - none of those snobby shops for me

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
Or its called having a clean car

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 116 Posts