Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You won't be disappointed. Like others, I was deeply impressed with the PDK, but chose a 6 MT. Shifts beautifully, and has a hill HOLD feature that is useful and highly usable.
Thanks. I getting excited about driving 6 MT.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks. I'm currently driving a Guards Red 2018 Cayman and really love the color but I think the Miami Blue with Agate Gray accents is going to look awesome.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I recall seeing somewhere that Miami Blue will be discontinued for new order around May 2020. If true, you will have one of the last few! I could be wrong about Porsche discontinuing the color on 718's but I do remember seeing it because I wanted the color to be rare. Anyone else remember anything about Miami Blue being discontinued on 718s?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I recall seeing somewhere that Miami Blue will be discontinued for new order around May 2020. If true, you will have one of the last few! I could be wrong about Porsche discontinuing the color on 718's but I do remember seeing it because I wanted the color to be rare. Anyone else remember anything about Miami Blue being discontinued on 718s?
Don't know if that's true or not but I will check it out the next time I am at the dealership and let you know. That would not bother me one iota if they discounted the Miami Blue color and I had one of the last made.

·
Registered
2019 718 Boxster GTS
3 Posts
Nick Murray (fellow Porsche enthusiast) said on his youtube channel that Miami Blue was being discontinued. I believe he said it was due to issues that customers were having with the paint itself.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

I just stopped by my local dealer and asked about the Miami Blue color being discontinued and he confirmed that it is but not due to any paint issues. They are simply replacing it with a different color blue. Also he did confirm that the Cayman T I ordered will definitely be designated as a 2021 model.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yup, Miami Blue is definitely being discontinued. My dealer told me this at the end of last year and I mentioned it on the below thread about ten days ago.
I thought about mentioning it here but didn't as my understanding is that it is a MY21 change, which is usually when colours get added/dropped, and didn't want to muddy the water of your MY20/21 discussion. My guess is that all existing orders will happen and the colour will disappear when MY21 hits the configurators.

The replacement colour is apparently called Shark Blue but I haven't seen any pics of it yet. A light blue-grey would be my guess though...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yup, Miami Blue is definitely being discontinued. My dealer told me this at the end of last year and I mentioned it on the below thread about ten days ago.
I thought about mentioning it here but didn't as my understanding is that it is a MY21 change, which is usually when colours get added/dropped, and didn't want to muddy the water of your MY20/21 discussion. My guess is that all existing orders will happen and the colour will disappear when MY21 hits the configurators.

The replacement colour is apparently called Shark Blue but I haven't seen any pics of it yet. A light blue-grey would be my guess though...

Shark Blue is the color my dealer told me is replacing Miami Blue.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

This is what shows up when you Google Porsche new color Shark Blue.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Shark Blue replacing Miami Blue? Interesting! I will definitely have to see it in person. Also still need to see Gentian Blue and the new green color (Aventurine?) in person. Should be visiting a dealership soon for some warranty work so hopefully I'll get a chance to do some car spotting. Congrats on your T order!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Shark Blue replacing Miami Blue? Interesting! I will definitely have to see it in person. Also still need to see Gentian Blue and the new green color (Aventurine?) in person. Should be visiting a dealership soon for some warranty work so hopefully I'll get a chance to do some car spotting. Congrats on your T order!
Thanks! I'm pretty sure I saw a new Taycan in Gentain Blue at the dealership. If so, it's a beautiful color. Just checked the Taycan configurator and it was definitely Gentain Blue that I saw. Awesome color.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Cool. I saw the Shark Blue color sample at my local Austin, Texas dealer about one month ago. It looked like the 911 picture K-Man posted above. I am happy my color is no longer available!!

I am also very happy the Miami Blue is being discontinued. It's nice to know that I will have one of the last Porsches made in that color.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts