Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
the headlight covers on GTS come in satin black as standard (other models are chrome finish) - so you can save a couple $$$, unless you want the gloss black, which is extra

one item that might be a nice addition - PDK shifter in carbon fiber (since the GTS pkg puts CF trim on dash & door trim) - food for thought

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the headlight covers on GTS come in satin black as standard (other models are chrome finish) - so you can save a couple $$$, unless you want the gloss black, which is extra

one item that might be a nice addition - PDK shifter in carbon fiber (since the GTS pkg puts CF trim on dash & door trim) - food for thought
Thanks for your feedback always appreciate what others can point out

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Perhaps you may want to consider the Black Brushed Aluminum with your color combo. I have the silver brushed, but knowing what I do now, I would have gone with black. Then again, my Bride puts Geranimals on my clothes, so what do I know.

• Haha
Reactions: Robsx

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps you may want to consider the Black Brushed Aluminum with your color combo. I have the silver brushed, but knowing what I do now, I would have gone with black. Then again, my Bride puts Geranimals on my clothes, so what do I know.
Yes my friend relationships are a team sport and I’ll review your idea on the black.

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6-speed
1,077 Posts
Waiters Club begins for a potential April delivery.

The Porsche Code
Congratulations on a pretty sort wait, compared to many others.

As far as suggestions, you might want to consider black calipers with a Python Green exterior. I kept the red calipers on my Carmine Red, but if I had to do it over again, think I'd go black. The configurator makes it look good, but if you've seen photos in the other discussions, the Python Green with red calipers is a bit controversial, shall we say. Especially given that you've specced the GTS package in Chalk, not guards Red. I have the Chalk GTS interior and it looks great, so kudos on that choice.

To partially offset the cost of black calipers, you could save a few bucks by bagging the deviated headlight washers and Power Steering Plus. I've had 5 shoulder surgeries, put 47k miles on my previous Cayman S and I've yet to feel that I need/want Power Steering Plus to parallel park a 3,000 pound 2 seater.

Just my thoughts.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Cheers!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations on a pretty sort wait, compared to many others.

As far as suggestions, you might want to consider black calipers with a Python Green exterior. I kept the red calipers on my Carmine Red, but if I had to do it over again, think I'd go black. The configurator makes it look good, but if you've seen photos in the other discussions, the Python Green with red calipers is a bit controversial, shall we say. Especially given that you've specced the GTS package in Chalk, not guards Red. I have the Chalk GTS interior and it looks great, so kudos on that choice.

To partially offset the cost of black calipers, you could save a few bucks by bagging the deviated headlight washers and Power Steering Plus. I've had 5 shoulder surgeries, put 47k miles on my previous Cayman S and I've yet to feel that I need/want Power Steering Plus to parallel park a 3,000 pound 2 seater.

Just my thoughts.

View attachment 49875 View attachment 49876

Cheers!
Good Point Thx

·
Registered
11 Posts
To each his own, but I agree I'd get rid of the deviated headlight washers since they are already satin black or go with color matched. I'd just be a little weary going with a satin black wheel and then all the glossy black bits. If it were me, I'd stick with the satin black wheels and drop the gloss black altogether since it's pretty polarizing, and the wing would be a pain keep clean. The badge in the rear is also already satin black.

I'd also drop the power steering plus since it's really not needed. I've never had an issue in parking lots with my car.

Lastly, I'd def consider going with the carbon fiber PDK selector and with all the alcantara on the seats, I'd def match the roof and seats and go alcantara on the sun visors. It really is a classy touch.

Congrats on the allocation!

·
Registered
BGTS40
604 Posts
Python green BGTS4.0 here with chalk GTS interior package.
As others pointed out, black caliper is a MUST.
They were right about the gloss black pieces (wing and badge back, headlight washer) and the satin black wheel goes well with GP.
Is the all weather floor mat necessary? The GTS package has a great quality one by default.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Python green BGTS4.0 here with chalk GTS interior package.
As others pointed out, black caliper is a MUST.
They were right about the gloss black pieces (wing and badge back, headlight washer) and the satin black wheel goes well with GP.
Is the all weather floor mat necessary? The GTS package has a great quality one by default.
for the weather mats it depends on where you live and the weather conditions - I live din the Pacific Northwest for just over a decade; it rains 5 - 7 days at a time.
Carpet mats would be wet much of the time. So I used vinyl overlay mats for the wet part of the year (8 months)

in the North Carolina area its clay soils - and that mess will stain carpets, the clay is the color of clay flower pots (orange color) - it shows up on anything and very difficult to clean

• Wow
Reactions: PeC
1 - 10 of 10 Posts