Porsche 718 Forum banner

Placed the oem 718 GT4 rear diffuser on my porsche cayman

21K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  GLD 
#1 ·
I have placed the new porsche original GT4 rear diffuser and I adjusted my original exhaust by removing the inner channel and making a new output, the sound is nice loud and deep , carbon tips 110mm

Automotive exhaust Brass Auto part Metal Muffler
Bumper Automotive exterior Bumper part Auto part Vehicle
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle Grille
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part
Floor Auto part Automotive exterior Flooring Bumper

See less See more
#2 ·
I have placed the new porsche original GT4 rear diffuser and I adjusted my original exhaust by removing the inner channel and making a new output, the sound is nice loud and deep , carbon tips 110mm
Dave

I absolutely love your mod!!! Love it!!!

The only thing I do not like is the fact that you did this incredible mod and your pics do the work absolutely no justice :) Could you please take a decent straight on photo.

I am already wondering how much it would cost to have a professional perform this mod for me? I have zero ability to execute on my own.

1. Where did you purchase the GT4 rear diffuser and exhaust parts?

2. Did the diffuser come painted in OEM color? Can you get the diffuser in matte black plastic (stock diffuser composite) as to avoid any need to paint?

Thank you for sharing!!

AVM

#3 ·
Dave

I absolutely love your mod!!! Love it!!!

The only thing I do not like is the fact that you did this incredible mod and your pics do the work absolutely no justice :) Could you please take a decent straight on photo.

I am already wondering how much it would cost to have a professional perform this mod for me? I have zero ability to execute on my own.

1. Where did you purchase the GT4 rear diffuser and exhaust parts?

2. Did the diffuser come painted in OEM color? Can you get the diffuser in matte black plastic (stock diffuser composite) as to avoid any need to paint?

Thank you for sharing!!

AVM
Hey,

I bought the diffuser by my porsche dealer and is just matt plastic like the other diffuser i had.
The exhaust parts come from JMtuning,tube, clamps etc.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Supercar

#6 · (Edited)
The side intake covers I have, they are at the paintshop anx I will place them next week ? View attachment 24357
Cool! Let us know how it goes, when I did this on my 981 it required that the entire rocker panel come off as in addition to the 3M tape there were 6 screws holding each on. Additionally I had to replace the black outer trim as it had alignment pins to position the intake cover over the opening.

Do you happen to have the parts list for the side intake covers?

#7 ·
That looks Really cool!
One thing that comes to mind, the PSE muffler does not have the same internals as the standard.
Also the right muffler is closed when the PSE is closed so it could be that a PSE muffler needs a different cut out.

#11 ·
i too love the split exhaust which, along with associated diffuser, I presume you are referencing.

Will I do the mod on my GTS. No. Even though I like the split (GT4) exhaust better, I do not dislike the centered exhaust. In brief, not worth the time/money to ME.

I am interested (hopefully) to see if the projected release of 718 NA F6 has split (GT4) exhaust?

AVM

#13 ·
Pricing seems pretty reasonable from the screenshot OP posted. The TWL carbon diffuser is $1800 USD so this doesn't seem too bad at all to me. If it wasn't functional, then I wouldn't really care. But more downforce with not much additional drag definitely helps on the track.

@AVM I would think the 718 F6 would have a similar split exhaust. Maybe not as aggressive of a rear diffuser though.

#19 ·
Wow! I was hoping it would be closer to $1200 to match the price of some aftermarket ones. I'd rather have OEM and more function over the carbon aftermarket.

$2000 + tax + labor is getting pretty expensive. Plus you have to modify your exhaust too!

I hope someone makes a black OEM plastic looking rear diffuser that supports the centre exhaust tips. I think it looks better in the middle too.

#22 ·
OP, as mentioned, “please” take some new pics, less contrast, further away etc.

The mod looks superb but let down by dark pics (y) ;)

#23 ·
I'm very much interested in the exhaust mod. you did. Do you think it would work similarly with the PSE? I made several home made bypass for my previous 996 and 997.2 and was very satisfied with the result. Unfortunately such bypass does not work with cayman and Boxster. I'm accordingly considering your "internal" mod, but I'm not sure PSE are similar to standard exhaust. Thanks, and congrats on the very nice mods you did!

#26 ·
This mod is getting done to my car
Thanks for sharing i would never have thought to do this if it was not for you.
I’m having a custom pipe made from the cat back to give a bit more meat to the sound (basically a copy of fab speed / Soul So I can put back to standard quickly should i have a warranty issue.
BUT YOUR CAR
Just brilliant.

#29 ·
I explored this very same kit 10 months ago,
The problem with that is the diffuser is its very cheap, looks “Chinese” with no heat protection and the exhaust kit is non adjustable, you are stuck with the horrendous tips as you cannot replace them, the tips of the exhaust actually make a lot of the sound characteristics of the exhaust pops gurgles and crackles, you cannot tune the exhaust with the added pluming that this kit has.
i decided to stick with OEM GT4 parts and had the exhausts custom manufactured