Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder
2,855 Posts
Oh, wow, so it is real! They are pulling out all the stops in these last ICE cars, it seems. Good for us!

My first reaction, though is that for me the RS would be more of a track toy, and so the GT4RS would be a better fit for me?

But on the other hand, the Spyder RS is a clear upgrade over the Spyder I have today. A better motor is a better motor. Hard to argue with that.

Something to think about...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Oh, wow, so it is real! They are pulling out all the stops in these last ICE cars, it seems. Good for us!

My first reaction, though is that for me the RS would be more of a track toy, and so the GT4RS would be a better fit for me?

But on the other hand, the Spyder RS is a clear upgrade over the Spyder I have today. A better motor is a better motor. Hard to argue with that.

Something to think about...
Take it for what it is. A some random dude's comment on the internet. ;)
But this is not a Spyder RS prototype in those pictures. This appears to be the upcoming limited edition Spyder with the GT3 engine for the 2023 sendoff.
And these will be virtually unavailable to the general public because less than 1000 (I think 718 akin the 918) will be produced.
There won't be a Spyder RS afaik...

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder
2,855 Posts
Take it for what it is. A some random dude's comment on the internet. ;)
But this is not a Spyder RS prototype in those pictures. This appears to be the upcoming limited edition Spyder with the GT3 engine for the 2023 sendoff.
And these will be virtually unavailable to the general public because less than 1000 (I think 718 akin the 918) will be produced.
There won't be a Spyder RS afaik...
oh, in my mind, that’s exactly what I assumed a “Spyder RS” would be. Standard Spyder chassis, but the GT3 motor. I also assume same PDK as the GT4RS.

yeah, whatever they do call it, Im sure I have less of a chance of getting this than even the GT4RS, which I have very little of getting either.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Don't judge so soon. The new ugly scoops and weird roof are just camo. They will be gone and that Spyder limited edition will look just as great as any other.
With the addition of center lock wheels, air intakes under the roof fins, GT3 engine and the PDK-S from the GT4RS.
Nice of you to take the time to explain. I've given up on explaining to people what test mules and renders are.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts