Porsche 718 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thanks Mark, I have the CTEK MX5.0. I haven't used on the 718 yet. Think I will order myself the 12v adapter and attach the same way as you. I was worried that the socket my 'turn itself off' after 30mins rendering it useless as opinions seem to differ. Mine is an early 2017 car if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Currently using the CTEK 7002 on my '17 CS it's on snowflake mode.

Plugged into the cigarette lighter plug in the console, 2nd winter I've done it this way.

No problems at all.

Reactions: Robsx

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks Mark, I have the CTEK MX5.0. I haven't used on the 718 yet. Think I will order myself the 12v adapter and attach the same way as you. I was worried that the socket my 'turn itself off' after 30mins rendering it useless as opinions seem to differ. Mine is an early 2017 car if that makes a difference.
Mine is a December 2019 car but I doubt if there is any difference.

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster S
32 Posts
Hey All,
With the cold months need to keep my battery up while vehicle in garage.
Anyone use the Porsche Pro Premium Battery Maintainer? (Also see CTEK is the creator) And use the one with the Cigarette Lighter connection?

Do they work well - seem safe to use?
Ok to go with Manuf. CTEK brand to save money $$$? Say through Amazon.

Thanks,
RVACS
Hi,
I live in Florida in the winter. In the Spring I move back to the NE for the summer. I leave the Porsche Battery Maintainer installed into my cigarette lighter for a 5 month period and have been doing so for 4 years. Works great, no problems at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey All,
Anyone use the Porsche Pro Premium Battery Maintainer? (Also see CTEK is the creator) And use the one with the Cigarette Lighter connection?

Thanks,
RVACS
CTEK user here plugged directly into the center console cigarette with no issues

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey All,

Thanks,
RVACS
I purchased a 2017 Boxster last May. 6,500 miles. First day home the battery warning light came on. I bought a Cetek, plugged in to the passenger side outlet and it’s been happy ever since. I use it once a week if I haven’t driven. Daily driver is a guilt free i3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my 2017 I used a Battery tender jr for 4 years no issues, ring terminals straight to battery. However I went to connect to my new 2021 battery and they have changed the negative terminal where you can not remove the nut any longer, so went back to using the cigarette outlet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey All,

Thanks,
RVACS
I use the CTEK . Porsche charger is the CTEK charger. Only the name was changed to charge you double. I use CTEK on all my cars including my 986, & 718 Cayman S (both through cig lighter), + my wife's BMW and several classic cars. Works flawlessly on all of them.

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster S
32 Posts
Hey All,

Thanks,
RVACS

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster S
32 Posts
Hey All,

Thanks,
RVACS
I use the lighter socket in the console all summer ( 5 months ) since I leave Fl. for the Northeast for the past 5 years. Never a problem. 2017 Boxster S

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
946 Posts
As a Texan who rides on summer times 365, and does not need multi-month storage, I plan to pay the Porsche tax for the simplicity of cigarette lighter connection.

Reactions: Treemagnet
21 - 40 of 71 Posts