Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
May it all come about as planned!
Some of the most unbelievable stories start out with "FedEx estimated delivery".

Happy T-day!

·
Registered
7 Posts
May it all come about as planned!
Some of the most unbelievable stories start out with "FedEx estimated delivery".

Happy T-day!
Here in the UK I am about about to pick my new 718 on Saturday after a near 10 month wait ! However the weather is not looking too good as it is about and hour and a half drive to the dealer and it is over high ground with snow . . .might have to delay . . grrr

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome. Congratulations! I still have over 90 days until I get mine!
Today is pickup day, the checkout went well with the car. Today's going to be a beautiful day (for late NOV) to drive it. Sunny and 40.

I'd keep my eye on that countdown time. When I was 90 days out, I'd check back in with it a few days later and it would be in the 70s, then the 50s. It's not dead on, just a guide, but there were times when several days were skipped. I watched it like a stock and it did the same thing as some of my real stocks, fell real fast :)

At least you'll be getting yours in decent weather, assuming you're in a seasonal change part of the country.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Today is pickup day, the checkout went well with the car. Today's going to be a beautiful day (for late NOV) to drive it. Sunny and 40.

I'd keep my eye on that countdown time. When I was 90 days out, I'd check back in with it a few days later and it would be in the 70s, then the 50s. It's not dead on, just a guide, but there were times when several days were skipped. I watched it like a stock and it did the same thing as some of my real stocks, fell real fast :)

At least you'll be getting yours in decent weather, assuming you're in a seasonal change part of the country.
Chuck Pagano, is that you? Thanks for crushing my Bills last week. Thank god we destroyed the Saints last night.

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Excellent holiday news! Looking forward to seeing your pics...cheers!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
She's a beautiful Porsche 718 Boxster S...with that pedigree, she can't possibly disappoint. Enjoy!

Reactions: JazzCatGab

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,108 Posts
How long does the dealer hold it for once the truck delivers it before its ready to be released to the customer?
I think it depends upon the dealer (their workload) and any additional options you have scheduled. Bumblebee would have been next day for the fact that I had all windows tinted and a 5 yr ceramic coating applied. The Bee was delivered to my home three days after arrival at dealer.
Not sure on the proceedure when the car is delivered sans factory options that need to be installed by dealer. Your SA should advise you of dates, payments, etc.

Reactions: 22cayman718
1 - 19 of 19 Posts