Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the last mods on my wish list to do :cry:
Has anyone fitted powerfold mirrors to there car?
i’m planning on doing it but could do with a heads up if i need to make up a slave loom or if the wires are already there.
i can fit them and get them to work without any coding by using signal trigger switch relays connected to the central locking trigger to have them unfold, i will also fit a voltage drop detection trigger that will automatically fold the mirrors when the engine is switched off. I just need to know if the cable is on the door panel to the switch so i can manually fold / open from the switch
Thanks for any input
Cheers ALB

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm almost willing to bet the wires are already there, but I'm sure there is someone here that already knows.
I wouldn’t bet your house on it that is the problem, if you added the light design package then the loom will almost certainly be there as the mirror has a courtesy light built in then, BUT i do not have the wires in my loom for the lighting package i had to retro fit wires into the loom to enable me to fit puddle lights

Cheers A

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wouldn’t bet your house on it that is the problem, if you added the light design package then the loom will almost certainly be there as the mirror has a courtesy light built in then, BUT i do not have the wires in my loom for the lighting package i had to retro fit wires into the loom to enable me to fit puddle lights

Cheers A
You'll need a new loom for the mirrors. Good few parts required, the folding 'motors', mirror looms, bottom section of mirrors for the courtesy light, the light themselves, and the door panel switch for the folding mirrors. Think it's about 800GBP ex VAT from memory. Plus obviously, re-coding the car for folding mirrors, they are driven off the door control module, you can know doubt do it with the extra circuity but think it will be cheaper/easier to do with the re-code as it will then work like factory.

PM me If you want the list of 'required' parts.

·
Registered
490 Posts

Cheers A
Puddle lamps are only there if you get the Power Folding Mirrors option.

Light Design Package does just the interior cabin and the hatch/frunk.

Reactions: MR69 ALB
1 - 5 of 5 Posts