Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have paint protective film on the rear bumper or rocker panel? Any errors with Lane Change Assist?

My dealer is telling me the XPEL film is causing my Lane Change Assist errors. The recurring error reads "Lane change assist sensors blocked. Clean rear bumper". However, the system starts up, runs fine and then randomly reports an error. I'm questioning their diagnosis, since the owners manual specifies two small areas on each side of the license plate that needs to be free of "stickers" to ensure the LCA radar works properly. Those areas don't have PPF on my bumper.

Thanks for any feedback!!!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
same here. about 85% of the car wrapped and no errors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up my 718 from the Dealer today and spent time with the mechanic who worked with the Field Service tech. He cleared up several items: 1) the Porsche owner's manual incorrectly shows the sensors adjacent to the license plates, 2) The owner's manual notes that stickers should not be applied directly in front of those sensors, 3) the actual location of the rear facing radars are directly behind the wheels and are angled at ~45deg (see attached pic where the tech is demonstrating where the radar is placed, this demo car does not have LCA installed) and 4) they believe the small 1" strip of XPEL film following the contour of the wheel well (part of rocker panel coverage) is causing the LCA errors, supposedly confirmed by swapping out bumpers with another 718 (without XPEL film). I'll try to post a pic of the film at a later date. I'm not totally convinced and may have the film temporarily removed to confirm that is actually the root cause.

I've attached another pic showing exposed rear view of our 718s.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.