Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
That's great, thanks for the report! I tend to spend as much time cleaning my wheels as washing the car, so Stance should be a time saver for sure! Someone else recommended Polish Angel Supersport as well for a ceramic wheel booster, I'll have to give it a try!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello all
First of all hope everyone is safe and healthy.
can someone please guide me in proper direction?
i have CPO 2018 cayman that i recently got.
i want to get PPF and ceramic coating done.
color is white if that matters
can some one recommend what brand
expected/paid cost
ant installer recommendation in NY/NJ/CT
thank you
Viktor
I got a 2018 718 boxster CPO. with clear bra
i scuffed the front nose, so got it repaired
not long after did it again, not uncommon
i did not put the clear bra back on the front Nose.
I put ceramic coating on myself,
small car, took my time.
prep is very important
I used a product from AVALON KING
WAS really great in every way
Hello all
First of all hope everyone is safe and healthy.
can someone please guide me in proper direction?
i have CPO 2018 cayman that i recently got.
i want to get PPF and ceramic coating done.
color is white if that matters
can some one recommend what brand
expected/paid cost
ant installer recommendation in NY/NJ/CT
thank you
Viktor
i got a 2018 CPO BOXSTER
it had full clear bra, scuffed the front nose, not unusal
got it repaired, not cheAp,have to take the front off.
did not spend $300 plus to clear bra the front agian
scuffed it Again, tough driveway.

if u get a scratch on clear bra u can’t rub it out.
i put a ceramic coat on myself
took my time,used a product called AVALONKING.COM
did a really great job, prep is very important followed exact instruction, great customer support.
i have had OPTICOAT on 2 MACANS, I think ceramic is great.
dirt comes right off.
i think clear bra is too expensive.
if UR like most of us u take care of ur car.
save the $.

BE SAFE EVERYONE

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
FWIW, I have CeramicPro on my Raptor. I get a ton of pinstripes from the trails I drive on, but not a single pinstripe has made it through to the clear coat, let alone the paint.

Now unfortunately, though, the CeramicPro on my CGTS doesn't seem to be strong enough to prevent paint chips around the side intake. :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
~44k miles on the half nose PPF installed on my sapphire blue BS and while it's not in perfect condition, it's very obvious in numerous locations where it saved the paint from chipping. Especially considering the prior caretaker of my car drove it on dirt and gravel roads.

Maybe I'm too old-skool, but the new ceramic coatings just seem like the latest iteration of paint sealants that will last a bit longer, but have crazy marketing and promises being made about them. The daily drivers in the house get the usual 2 bucket wash->clay->(light polish if needed)->Klasse All-In-One->Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze every 9-12 months. The Klasse products are not cheap, but together they cost the same as a single small car application of a ceramic coating. Only difference is the Klasse products have enough product for 30-50 applications. They work very well as a sealant lasting around a year on a daily driver. YMMV.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought a dark green 2009 Carrera S from a guy in CA with Xpel on the front. I'd never considered PPF (honestly knew 0 about it). Between his ownership and mine, the car had 71K+ miles and 10 years on it -- and the front still looked new. Jogged out of the Porsche lane and bought a new Alfa Quad; had Xpel put on the front, drove 18K, couldn't help myself, and traded it in on a new 2018 CGTS. Xpel still looked great. Local dealership, where we'd purchased 2 Audis for my wife, could do PPF and ceramic, so I signed up . They would not use Xpel (some contract dispute) and put on Clear Bra. Three times. By the 3rd time, I think they were way focused and did as good a job as I could expect. Each effort got better, but even attempt #3 shows some blemishes and "orange peel." I am told that Clear Bra only comes in 10 mill thickness and that the Xpel offers 6 mill; this made Clear Bra more protective but much harder to apply. Don't know how much of what I was told is true, but, in the future, I will go outside of the dealership and get Xpel, full stop. By the way, I do not want to bad mouth the dealership as I think they stepped up and tried to make it right. As to ceramic, I did a lot of internet research before deciding to try it. So far, it makes washing the car incredibly easy. The only problem is getting to the sides to wipe them dry before the water runs off and I end up with sides already dry. As we all know, there are worse problems....

·
Registered
407 Posts
In terms of some place in CT, I went to Automobilia Auto Salon in West Haven.

They do both film and coatings. I did PPF only. ( IIRC, XPEL) Price will depend on a few factors including how much of the car they do. I think I paid about $2800 after tax for a track package which includes much of the front of the car, rockers and forward rear quarters. Not cheap but pretty much what stuff costs in this area. I used my PCA discount.

I think they did a fine job and have no complaints. Great customer service. On the other hand, I am not OCD and probably wash and baby my car less than most.

btw, Car is a CGTS.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When my Cayman arrives its booked in for Xpel PPF fitting on the bonnet, wings, bumper, rocker panels and rear arches then coated with Gyeon ceramic all over including wheels. Cost is around £2200 in the UK but worth every penny from what I've heard. These things attract stone chips like bees round a honey pot!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts