Porsche 718 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
agreed that if we don't get snow then maybe February?

is South Midlands still an easy spot for most?

should we meet at Gaydon, or somewhere else easy to find, have a chat / catch up and then do 50/75 mile run before a pub lunch?

any other ideas?

Tim

Would it be possible to come south a little towards me? Gaydon is just under 150 miles for me already. Luton area would be great. Is there anything worth seeing in Luton other than the airfield??/forum/images/718forum/smilies/tango_face_devil.png
Happy to meet further south buddy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just a suggestion.
How about “Super Sausage Cafe” in Towcester on the A5.
I’ve only heard about it, I’ve never been.
Feel free to come up with other alternatives.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Just a suggestion.

Keep it going. Down to 110 miles with this one. I like the suggestion though. It's open from 07.30 on Sunday's

·
Registered
360 Posts
You know me, I'll be there!

How's the weekend of the 16th Feb?

I'm completely chilled with wherever you guys wanna meet... I know AJ had a long drive down last time.

Northampton so M1 access for our East Midlands friends also? No idea what's in the area though..
if we met on the Saturday morning instead we could meet at Porsche centre Swindon and go on from there - something look at - maybe a 992? - what could go wrong with 15 or so idiots meeting at a Porsche toystore?

then again meeting there when it is closed might be safer ,,,,

·
Registered
360 Posts
Keep it going. Down to 110 miles with this one. I like the suggestion though. It's open from 07.30 on Sunday's
at that rate we will meet at your house in 2021 or so?

Reactions: Uz718

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just a suggestion.
That sounds ideal to me, fairly central and they seem to have good facilities for a meet according to their website.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for all your reply’s in regards to oil temp, I checked with Silverstone OPC and they agreed it’s totally normal, Iv also checked the coolent that needed a small top up, oil on the other hand the car after a long trip refused to give me the measurements, so I waited a hour or so , tried again and it told me the oil was not warm enough to give me a measured amount!! Where have all the dipsticks gone?. The super sausage is a great place plenty of parking, huge breakfasts available, lots of bikers as well , and outdoor sitting, some very good driving roads around Silverstone as they use them on their test drives and for the Porsche experience days , very flexible with weekends. So 17 th could work.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sounds an ideal place to meet then

Any consensus around the 17th then ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have just voted with a yes next to each date, that is until my wife changes my plans nearer the time no doubt !!!

Mike, can also report that my S ran oil temp between 103 and 108 over 200 miles today of mixed driving

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think I’m OK with those dates.
But it will be dependent on the weather nearer the day.
February is the month we get snow if we get any.
May want to meet up slightly later 1030 or 11am to give any overnight frost or ice time to melt, for those having to travel further.
Don’t blame me if the venues not up to scratch, as I said I’ve only heard about it and thought of taking a look. Think the parking looks OK though.
It’s got good reviews on “Trip Advisor”.

Anyone else bringing their better half this time?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Totally agree with the time ... the venue is very good so no one will be disappointed , Iv eaten there several times as it’s on the way to Silverstone OPC, it’s nice sitting outside in the sunshine, there is always something to look at in the car park....

·
Registered
352 Posts
I think I’m OK with those dates.
But it will be dependent on the weather nearer the day.
February is the month we get snow if we get any.
May want to meet up slightly later 1030 or 11am to give any overnight frost or ice time to melt, for those having to travel further.
Don’t blame me if the venues not up to scratch, as I said I’ve only heard about it and thought of taking a look. Think the parking looks OK though.
It’s got good reviews on “Trip Advisor”.

Anyone else bringing their better half this time?
I've driven past this place many times (family lives near the A43) and it has ample parking... Failing that, further up the A5 (10 mins) there's a place called the "Bell Plantation" which has a nice cafe.

Can agree the time nearer the time, but 11:00am makes sense.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Another 'Timism': @timlaw

I've never seen anyone respond to a poll so quickly!!! Slow day in the office?!!!

#TheGoat
you could say that - time dragging till 30.4.19 - a lot!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
last day in paid employment

Reactions: Uz718
181 - 200 of 222 Posts