Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm thinking of replacing my brake hoses with the Rennline red ones hoping to get a bit more feedback for threshold braking. At the same time, I was thinking of switching the stock brake fluid to Motul 600. I've watched several videos for both the brake hose change and bleeding the brake system, and I found a video for bleeding the clutch slave cylinder in a 981. I would think if you are changing your fluid, you should change it throughout the entire system. So, my question is, is the slave cylinder in the same place on our 982? This also brings up the question of the two-year maintenance (in the U.S.) where the brake fluid change is one of the items. Do dealerships also bleed the clutch slave cylinder at the same time?
Answering one of my own questions, I had my car up on a lift at Momentum, a DIY garage in Louisville, to tweak some of the aero I added, and the slave cylinder is in the same place (or very close) as it is on the 981.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Blimey, you guys have got nothing to complain about. Cost of minor service at 3 the Porsche Centres nearest to me is £788, which I'm led to believe is the standard menu pricing here in the UK. I managed to get it done at Porsche Centre Edinburgh for £590. Admittedly this included a brake fluid change, but it's still daylight robbery.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just a general question for those with indy experience—do they also clear the Oil Change message from the screen when finished?
Yes. My Inde cleared the annual service/oil change message. I don’t recall exactly what was displayed, but the last service was ~12.5 months.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts