Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been shopping around for new cayman/boxster and found lots of deals out there.. Just wondering what type of discount you all scored on your new car? figured could help others gauge their own purchase. extra details would certainly be helpful such as year, new/used, msrp, price paid and location

·
Registered
95 Posts
I went with a left over option. 2017 bought new, general word is that those are the best deals, assuming you'll be happy with the build and all.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ordered new 2018 base Cayman with one option (PDK) in Aug. Got it with 8.3% off.

We bought at Porsche Monmouth here in NJ.

Total cost before NJ sales tax was about $54,800.

We flew down to Atlanta and collected it there in December. Did the Porsche Experience but that was free (other than our airfare and hotel, so that had no effect on price)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I ordered a 2018 Cayman "base" last month. I had quotes ranging from "no discount" to 9% off MSRP. I took the 8% offer since it was closer to home and saved air-fare for two, hotel, and so forth. Most importantly, they had an allocation ready to lock in and a mid-March build!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I didn't try very hard, but dealerships in Canada only do about $1000 off base cayman. Let me know if you guys got a much better deal in Canada. The deposit is also much higher $5000.

·
Registered
161 Posts
718BS with options, $88k, $11k off

Rippey

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
I received a 4% discount off the MSRP for a buildable slot on my CS I ordered in March of 2017. Park Place Porsche in Dallas, though, did not provide quality service and offered a very modest discount to boot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ordered new 2018 base Cayman with one option (PDK) in Aug. Got it with 8.3% off.

We bought at Porsche Monmouth here in NJ.

Total cost before NJ sales tax was about $54,800.

We flew down to Atlanta and collected it there in December. Did the Porsche Experience but that was free (other than our airfare and hotel, so that had no effect on price)
Ordered new Cayman build in Jan. 2018. 10% off MSRP
sound like you did pretty well.. mind sharing who you ordered from for other members in the future?

I ordered a 2018 Cayman "base" last month. I had quotes ranging from "no discount" to 9% off MSRP. I took the 8% offer since it was closer to home and saved air-fare for two, hotel, and so forth. Most importantly, they had an allocation ready to lock in and a mid-March build!
good stuff!

I didn't try very hard, but dealerships in Canada only do about $1000 off base cayman. Let me know if you guys got a much better deal in Canada. The deposit is also much higher $5000.
good to know for other members..
I received a 4% discount off the MSRP for a buildable slot on my CS I ordered in March of 2017. Park Place Porsche in Dallas, though, did not provide quality service and offered a very modest discount to boot.
thank you

·
Registered
87 Posts
About 6% off on 718 Cayman S. I'm not a haggler, probably could have done a little better. Car was 99% identical to what I had spec'd on configurator and was on lot at another dealer. I had been looking at inventories in the region.

·
Registered
310 Posts
2018 718C $65k invoice; got a 9% discount

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, it's Park Place and they aren't known to be low cost. Plano Porsche is AutoNation, so they aren't cheap either.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts