Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following its Beijing Auto Show release, pricing on the 2017 718 Cayman finally got released for a number of key world markets. To start, pricing for the U.S. spec 718 (basemodel) starts at $54,950 and up to $67,350 for the Cayman S... within range of its competition, priced better in some cases and even cheaper than its own Roadster version (a first for the brand).

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is going to be a bit tough for me with the BMW M2 which comes in priced at $52 000. Amazing power to weight ratio and the return of something important for the brand and for us, all for the price of an entry-level Cayman. If BMW goes all GTS on the M2, it might mean a BMW M2 GTS within the price range of a Cayman S.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Apparently, If they do end up making an M2 GTS, which is an on-going back and forth... it's speculated to push the base price around $80-$90k. The M4 GTS was pretty much double the price of a regular M4, so theoretically, I'm thinking $95-$105k range ?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I heard it actually costs less than the 718 Boxster. I can't see why people will go for the more expensive boxster when they can get the cayman for less.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it really does, in just about every situation that's what happens. Overall added cost to your monthly payments amounts to a starbucks coffee probably lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts