Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
That would be illegal in Australia, and I'm pretty sure in the US as well. Is consumer protection in the UK really that weak?

When my car went in for the side vent grill upgrade the dealer even re-installed my screens after it was completed.
Unfortunately yes, that is the official line of Porsche UK, BUT this is very much down to individual dealerships to enforce so you need to find a mod friendly service Manager of which there are plenty 馃

Registered
Unfortunately yes, that is the official line of Porsche UK, BUT this is very much down to individual dealerships to enforce so you need to find a mod friendly service Manager of which there are plenty 馃
That would be illegal in Australia, and I'm pretty sure in the US as well. Is consumer protection in the UK really that weak?
Very illegal in the US, yes. They need to show that the mod/change directly affected the warranted part.

Reactions: carlb

Registered
It looks like the Zunsport grills are pricier but the videos seem to suggest they are much easier to install than the RGS grills. I have a 2021 Cayman GTS 4.0 on order and will be installing these. I don't see the 2021 grills on their website though, just 718 GTS...are they the same I wonder?

Registered
It looks like the Zunsport grills are pricier but the videos seem to suggest they are much easier to install than the RGS grills. I have a 2021 Cayman GTS 4.0 on order and will be installing these. I don't see the 2021 grills on their website though, just 718 GTS...are they the same I wonder?
The 2021 GTS has the same front bumper there has been no external bodywork changes.

Registered
2018 BOXSTER BASE PDK. 2018 MACAN S
For 拢1300 I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 worth going down the insurance route, the claim will likely double your premium next year (if you do not have no claims bonus protection) and impact all quotes for the next 5 years as all claims must be declared regardless
MY deductible is $1000

how common is this problem on a Boxster that is not tracked?
I have not seen much about it in the forum

Registered
MY deductible is $1000

how common is this problem on a Boxster that is not tracked?
I have not seen much about it in the forum
More common than you would imagine, Porsche OPC actually carry stock of all parts required, so that alone tells you a story.
A member on here UZZI 718 has just had his radiators damaged by stone chips facing a big repair bill
He said 鈥 grills on order鈥 馃ぃ馃槀馃憤馃槀

Registered
2018 Porsche 718 Cayman
Fortunately, I've not had any damage to my radiators. I've got a 718 base model and have been doing some upgrades to it in hopes of some track time. I had read and heard of some heat soak issues, so chose to install the center radiator to help prevent any issues in the future. I installed it myself over a few hours and chose to add the Rennsport grills as well. They look great and was a cheap way to help prevent damage to all three of the radiators. If you're somewhat mechanically inclined or handy, you can easily tackle the job.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts