Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just met with my sales rep today and built my first Porsche, a 2022 Cayman T.

I took a bit of a leap and went with Shark Blue and the yellow pinstriped Sport Tex seats. I saw some pics of paint-to-sample GT3s and GT4s in similar blue exteriors with yellow interior packages and decided it was worth the risk despite being unconventional. Other than that, my build is fairly basic.

The Porsche Code

Let me know what you think! Anything you think I should try to change before my allocation closes?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Did your sales advisor have a sample of shark blue paint ? I really like the yellow stripe in the Sport Tex seats but as I bought a used car had to settle with silver.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey all, just met with my sales rep today and built my first Porsche, a 2022 Cayman T.

I took a bit of a leap and went with Shark Blue and the yellow pinstriped Sport Tex seats. I saw some pics of paint-to-sample GT3s and GT4s in similar blue exteriors with yellow interior packages and decided it was worth the risk despite being unconventional. Other than that, my build is fairly basic.

The Porsche Code

Let me know what you think! Anything you think I should try to change before my allocation closes?
Congrats! How did you do in terms of a deal, if you don’t mind sharing?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good build (‘cause it’s a lot like mine :) ) I suggest these additions:

$160 Extended Range Fuel Tank - Why not?
$140 Fire Extinguisher - if you ever want to do a DE, you’re set. Can’t do it cheaper aftermarket.

·
Registered
797 Posts

The Porsche Code

I think the yellow stitching will look GREAT! I'd add yellow seatbelts to complete the look. Choice of other options, if any, comes down to your plans for the car. I'd go for 18-way seats, but that adds weight if that's a concern. If it is, then maybe LWBS? I assume cost matters too!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did your sales advisor have a sample of shark blue paint ? I really like the yellow stripe in the Sport Tex seats but as I bought a used car had to settle with silver.
No, since Shark Blue just hit the configurator a few days ago they didn't have a sample in yet. I'm kinda flying blind! And yeah I was between silver and yellow for the striping, they both stand out so well on the black seats.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats! How did you do in terms of a deal, if you don’t mind sharing?
I shopped around to multiple different dealers and most of them weren't biting on discounts. I kept getting the "I'm not letting my only 718 go for under MSRP as we head into summer" and "Porsche just doesn't make many of these" lines.

The most I got from any out of town dealers was $1500 off MSRP for a car on the lot, and my local dealer matched that on this custom build. Ended up being just under 2% off, not great but decent I think given the market.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good build (‘cause it’s a lot like mine :) ) I suggest these additions:

$160 Extended Range Fuel Tank - Why not?
$140 Fire Extinguisher - if you ever want to do a DE, you’re set. Can’t do it cheaper aftermarket.
Thanks! I just always kinda figure that if I'm on a road trip I'm gonna want to stop for one reason or another every 300 miles or so. Don't feel like I really need that extra fuel capacity. But good point on the fire extinguisher, thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the yellow stitching will look GREAT! I'd add yellow seatbelts to complete the look. Choice of other options, if any, comes down to your plans for the car. I'd go for 18-way seats, but that adds weight if that's a concern. If it is, then maybe LWBS? I assume cost matters too!
Thanks, I hope so. And yellow seatbelts come with the T interior package - I think you're right that they really tie it all together.
And I feel that the 2-way seats at least for me are the best balance of weight and price. The 18-ways are great but from my experience not drastically better than the 2-ways. And the bucket seats would be great but it's tough spending like 8% of the car's base MSRP on seats 😂

·
Registered
38 Posts
I shopped around to multiple different dealers and most of them weren't biting on discounts. I kept getting the "I'm not letting my only 718 go for under MSRP as we head into summer" and "Porsche just doesn't make many of these" lines.

The most I got from any out of town dealers was $1500 off MSRP for a car on the lot, and my local dealer matched that on this custom build. Ended up being just under 2% off, not great but decent I think given the market.
Thanks, good to know. I'm going to have to head down to my local one day soon and see if I can leverage the 2 prior purchases there, and service, into a bit of a discount.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks! I just always kinda figure that if I'm on a road trip I'm gonna want to stop for one reason or another every 300 miles or so. Don't feel like I really need that extra fuel capacity.
I get it.

OTOH, It’s something you can’t add later (for practical purpose$) and you never know when the extra couple of gallons might come in real handy :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've ordered a new 718 (I live in the UK) and was told they can't say when one would be available! Possibly late summer! Has anyone else had this sort of delay?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've ordered a new 718 (I live in the UK) and was told they can't say when one would be available! Possibly late summer! Has anyone else had this sort of delay?
Late summer to get an allocation or some sort of delay in actually building it?

My sales associate didn't say anything about a delay, just that they generally aren't making a ton of 718s at the moment so allocations can be tough to come by. He told me this order I put in was for a July allocation that should be delivered late August/early September.

I know there is a global semiconductor shortage right now that's hitting the automotive industry pretty hard, but I'd imagine that wouldn't delay the delivery of this type of car by more than a month or two.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Late summer to get an allocation or some sort of delay in actually building it?

My sales associate didn't say anything about a delay, just that they generally aren't making a ton of 718s at the moment so allocations can be tough to come by. He told me this order I put in was for a July allocation that should be delivered late August/early September.

I know there is a global semiconductor shortage right now that's hitting the automotive industry pretty hard, but I'd imagine that wouldn't delay the delivery of this type of car by more than a month or two.
Not sure why it should be delayed but I'll certainly ask! We won't have got one allocated yet as we can't go and test dive one until next week with this bloody lockdown. I assume if all is OK then they can take the details of what we actually want and put a specific order in . Mind you I sent them the requested deposit (£3,000!) seven weeks ago! Nonetheless they wouldn't be specific about a delivery date but I honestly don't think late summer/even later is reasonable, whatever the cause, do you? He did say that if we saw one elsewhere we wanted before that , they'd refund the deposit but maybe wherever you go, it would be the same. Thanks for your answer, anyway.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts