I was sorta in the same position. My sales associate wouldn't make any guesses about potential delivery dates until he had an allocation open up, because there apparently are just not very many of them to go around (whether due to COVID, other production issues, prioritizing the 6 cylinder 718s, the low-volume nature of the Cayman/Boxster, etc.).Not sure why it should be delayed but I'll certainly ask! We won't have got one allocated yet as we can't go and test dive one until next week with this bloody lockdown. I assume if all is OK then they can take the details of what we actually want and put a specific order in . Mind you I sent them the requested deposit (£3,000!) seven weeks ago! Nonetheless they wouldn't be specific about a delivery date but I honestly don't think late summer/even later is reasonable, whatever the cause, do you? He did say that if we saw one elsewhere we wanted before that , they'd refund the deposit but maybe wherever you go, it would be the same. Thanks for your answer, anyway.
But yeah, I think if you put an order in soon then late summer is probably reasonable given the circumstances. I will say fwiw that my dealership didn't ask for the full $5000 deposit until the day they actually put in the order.