My 718 (982) 2.0L PDK is a daily driver and sees a lot of spirited driving. I’d like to track after some upgrades. I’m very interested in a turbo upgrade and looking at the TTE465.
If you have experience with a turbo upgrade in a 2.0L, can you help answer my questions and provide links to relevant guidance or anything you feel that I need to be aware of?
The 718 already has a BMC air filter, Soul Sport (200 cell) DP and Performance exhaust, Cobb stage1 93 OCT/98 RON. TCM tune is waiting on support for the PDK ROM. Have not Cobb pro-tuned yet since I want to upgrade the turbo. I have a 3rd radiator and side air intake scoops that’s ready to be installed and I plan to upgrade the diverter valve.
- Will the larger turbo (w/Cobb pro tune) show improvement or worsen throttle response and low end torque?
- Did you end up needing to upgrade other components that you did not plan for as a result of the turbo upgrade?
- Were there challenges with the install that I should be aware of?
- Was a wastegate adjustment needed?
- Comments on pairing the turbo upgrade with a ninemeister intercooler?
- What am I forgetting?