Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother is thinking of buying a new 911 in the near future. When buying my 718 recently I vaguely recall the dealer saying there might be an update to it soon, ie a new model.. am I mistaken or should I recommend my brother to wait?

I guess the best advice would be for him to get a 718 instead right? ?

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Best information is that the 992 911 should be available in April/May of 2019. If your brother prefers the look, ride, and feel of the 911 then that's the right car for him. If he wants a 911 then I would advise waiting a tad longer than the first release to allow Porsche to work out any short comings with the new model release.

This video Nick Murray talks about the release in the US market but should not be very different in Europe as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much Idamelio and Porsche2018, that's great. Seems a couple of years yet till they'll be available - I'll pass the info on.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
911 is a fantastic GT (grand touring) car that plays nice as a sports car. It's also slightly quieter than a 718 on the road.

The 718 is the best daily driver sports car currently in the market. It can cruise but ultimately is a confidence inspiring corner carving mid-engine driver's dream.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts