Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

this would be my first Porsche and I have been looking and reading nonstop. Inventory is low and prices are high but that’s with just about anything today.

Found this 2018 Boxster GTS and wanted to get some community feedback:

18,100 miles
CPO
1 owner
MSRP $97,270
Asking $81,300

718 Boxster GTS
030PASM Sport Suspension (Lowered 20 mm)
2507-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
43320" Carrera S Wheels
4VRoadster Top in Black
541Seat ventilation
581Luggage net in passenger footwell
583Smoking package
658Power Steering Plus
714Deletion of Alcantara®
858Steering Wheel in Leather
9VLBose® Surround Sound System
AJStandard Interior in Black i.c.w. Leather Sport Seats Plus
G1Guards Red
IU2Porsche Connect
P07Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
P29Interior Trim in Black Brushed Aluminum i.c.w. Standard Interior
P9CPremium Package i.c.w. Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
XDHWheels Painted in Satin Platinum
XFGInstrument dials in Guards Red
XGNSport Chrono Stopwatch Dial in Guards Red
XSXSeat belts in Guards Red

·
Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
580 Posts
Sounds very similar to mine but I do retain the alcantara And love it.
I have exactly the same wheels and colour And the GTS std spec is already good anyway.
otherwise, what you waiting for ?
buy it, you will love it.
we need pics of course.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback!

This would be most likely a purchase sight unseen. I am trying to get the service records now, but considering the car only had 1 owner and is CPO, I do not see a big risk. Still seeing if I can get a PPI done.

·
Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
580 Posts
It’s not unusual btw. I have never test driven a car - honestly - I just know I will like or learn to like Or like to say I trust my research - which of course sometimes is BS.
in the instance of the 718, knew I would like:cool:
i have not regretted or thought, hang on this is not a good idea for a single moment, it really is that good.
best wishes for whatever you decide.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Seems like a very reasonable deal for a CPO vehicle from a Porsche dealer. Have done two long distance (1,000 mi) purchases. Our CPO 718 BS was delivered sight unseen (pics only) no scratches or issues, far better than expected. We flew ~2,000 miles to pick up my lovely Bride's CPO SL450, which also looked brand new and was better than described.

There are plenty of dealers with poor online reputations, so perform due dilligence on the dealer's past online sales and obtain plenty of detailed pics and videos before agreeing to anything. Good luck!

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's very similar, to one that I bought a couple of months ago.
2018 Boxter GTS

About the same mileage ~18K, it has a few more options. such as PDLS, Roll Bars painted in body color, Agate grey paint, GT Steering wheel heated, Lane change assist, Porsche crest in seats, 2 tone Bodreaux leather. Steering column in leather. Seat inlays in deviated color.

Price was very close as well. We have been loving the car :) Enjoy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the feedback!

This would be most likely a purchase sight unseen. I am trying to get the service records now, but considering the car only had 1 owner and is CPO, I do not see a big risk. Still seeing if I can get a PPI done.
I don't want to be negative....but, 87K for a 18K mile pre 4.0 gts seems crazy high based on the age and options. Without options it retailed for 80K..and the ones you listed don't seem to hit the stated retail you listed unless it includes sales tax and other creative items. Just an FYI...2024 is not the last year of the gas (ICE) engine for the 718...as they want you too think. Used prices will come down as supply increases....do youself a favor and wait. Better, kiss some ass and see if you have a realistic chance of getting on a list for a GT4 or a Spyder, which is finally a true GT4, but no top. The "standard" cayman/boxster's base/s/gts - even sorry to say the new gts 4.0, will not hold value like the GT4/spyder (GT4RS/Spyder RS obviously, but you'll never buy get one) Doubt me...drive a GT4 and you'll understand. I just turned down an allocation for a new GTS 4.0 with "only" a 5k markup. GTS is a mile away from the GT4 will be less expensive if you look at 5 yr ownership cost. Anyone who reccomends buying a GTS at that price didn't or couldn't get a GT4 and is looking for self-confirmation of their poor choice. Dont want to spend that money, again...wait 6 months for the prices to come down (they have started to drop substantially already) and buy a Cayman/Boxster "S" from the prior generation 2016 or 2015. Before they put the 4 cilider turbo motor as this 2018 has that sounds like my grandmother's subaru.

CPO - I would get an 2nd/unbiased opinion. I purchased a cayman s 8 years ago with 42K miles and a couple months later reversed up a hill to park and the reverse gear would slip. Turns out the entire transmission was f'd up and it needed to be replaced...that was $14k for the part - plus airfreight and labor to install (take apart half the car/put back together) Yes, they covered it, but they tried to blame an electrical issue to get out of it...

Good luck

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't want to be negative....but, 87K for a 18K mile pre 4.0 gts seems crazy high based on the age and options. Without options it retailed for 80K..and the ones you listed don't seem to hit the stated retail you listed unless it includes sales tax and other creative items. Just an FYI...2024 is not the last year of the gas (ICE) engine for the 718...as they want you too think. Used prices will come down as supply increases....do youself a favor and wait. Better, kiss some ass and see if you have a realistic chance of getting on a list for a GT4 or a Spyder, which is finally a true GT4, but no top. The "standard" cayman/boxster's base/s/gts - even sorry to say the new gts 4.0, will not hold value like the GT4/spyder (GT4RS/Spyder RS obviously, but you'll never buy get one) Doubt me...drive a GT4 and you'll understand. I just turned down an allocation for a new GTS 4.0 with "only" a 5k markup. GTS is a mile away from the GT4 will be less expensive if you look at 5 yr ownership cost. Anyone who reccomends buying a GTS at that price didn't or couldn't get a GT4 and is looking for self-confirmation of their poor choice. Dont want to spend that money, again...wait 6 months for the prices to come down (they have started to drop substantially already) and buy a Cayman/Boxster "S" from the prior generation 2016 or 2015. Before they put the 4 cilider turbo motor as this 2018 has that sounds like my grandmother's subaru.

CPO - I would get an 2nd/unbiased opinion. I purchased a cayman s 8 years ago with 42K miles and a couple months later reversed up a hill to park and the reverse gear would slip. Turns out the entire transmission was f'd up and it needed to be replaced...that was $14k for the part - plus airfreight and labor to install (take apart half the car/put back together) Yes, they covered it, but they tried to blame an electrical issue to get out of it...

Good luck
The Price he listed is $81K not $87. I find all the hate of the turbo 4 strange. Its an excellent engine and fits into Porsche both from a historic and current perspective. How much would you expect a 2.5L GTS to depreciate since 2018 when the MSRP is $97K?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts