Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - just noticed that all of the sudden my rear spoiler when fully down is no longer sitting completely flush. It’s most noticeable right at the point where it meets the fender and tail light (see pic below). Has anyone else experienced that or know how to fix it?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but is there a reason that the spoiler, which was previously flush, would all of the sudden not sit fully flush again?

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster - Graphite Blue Metallic
13 Posts
Thanks but is there a reason that the spoiler, which was previously flush, would all of the sudden not sit fully flush again?
Now that, right there, is a great question.

Mine was slightly out of alignment when I got it so the detail in that link helped me, but I can't see any reason why / how that would shift over time unless there is something else at play...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I would raise the spoiler and look for obstructions in what you can see of the mechanism. When I was installing my duck tail, I dropped a small bolt into the abyss and spent much time looking for it. It wasn't obstructing anything, but you can see much of the mechanism with a strong light source looking into the holes.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would raise the spoiler and look for obstructions in what you can see of the mechanism. When I was installing my duck tail, I dropped a small bolt into the abyss and spent much time looking for it. It wasn't obstructing anything, but you can see much of the mechanism with a strong light source looking into the holes.
Thanks I’m going to try that today. In my situation it appears that the spoiler is simply not going all the way down and it’s not a matter of just minor tweaks for some uneven gaps.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I am second guessing whether my spoiler has always been like this and I just never noticed. Can anyone do me a favor and take some pics of how their spoiler sits where it meets the tail lights?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts