Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed today that my rear spoiler dont go all the way down, its hovering 5-8 mm.
I never use the button to have the spoiler up, the movement work as it should but when its closing i doesen´t fully close.

The car is still under warranty but i curious if any body else had the same issue.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
No, approaching 5K miles and no issues. Maybe some of the other members can comment. Could anything be trapped under the rear spoiler, though unlikely you can manually deploy and check. Fortunately you are still under warranty. Let us know how this evolves.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, approaching 5K miles and no issues. Maybe some of the other members can comment. Could anything be trapped under the rear spoiler, though unlikely you can manually deploy and check. Fortunately you are still under warranty. Let us know how this evolves.

The first thing i looked for was if there was anything under the spoiler.
I guess that the homing sensor (if there is one) needs to be adjusted.

Sure, i will keep you all posted!

·
Registered
692 Posts
When you remove the painted part you can access two fastening nuts for the lower spoiler piece. Unscrew those and you can adjust the spoiler park height on both sides independently by turning the bolts underneath. My guess is by about 1-2 cm total up or down. It sits on those bolts/screws/nuts whatever the correct term is. :laugh: I did this because mine was a little crooked (2-3mm) from factory on one side. Or you can just bring it to the dealer and let them fix it for you as you mentioned.

Edit: That way one can also adjust the gap between trunk and spoiler by moving the spoiler forward or back. In case you are as ocd as I am... The factory gap was set a little sloppy and not 100% perfect imo.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you remove the painted part you can access two fastening nuts for the lower spoiler piece. Unscrew those and you can adjust the spoiler park height on both sides independently by turning the bolts underneath. My guess is by about 1-2 cm total up or down. It sits on those bolts/screws/nuts whatever the correct term is. :laugh: I did this because mine was a little crooked (2-3mm) from factory on one side. Or you can just bring it to the dealer and let them fix it for you as you mentioned.

Edit: That way one can also adjust the gap between trunk and spoiler by moving the spoiler forward or back. In case you are as ocd as I am... The factory gap was set a little sloppy and not 100% perfect imo.

Yeah!
Thanks a million times!

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
That way one can also adjust the gap between trunk and spoiler by moving the spoiler forward or back. In case you are as ocd as I am... The factory gap was set a little sloppy and not 100% perfect imo.
Attention to detail is an admirable trait, many more upsides than down, without exception.

·
Registered
184 Posts

Any tips on removing the upper painted part?
Just pry up & pop off????

I need to adjust mine.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Any tips on removing the upper painted part?
Just pry up & pop off????
I need to adjust mine.
The painted part is held by 6 screws from underneath through the black plastic bit. Just deploy the spoiler to access. You'll need a torx wrench. I don't remember the exact size anymore.

·
Super Moderator
1,452 Posts
GREAT info, @trusted.

Someone do a DIY on the spoiler adjustment and post it in the DIY forum STAT!!! >:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
8 Participants
trusted
Porsche 718 Forum
718 Forum is the largest Porsche 718 Boxster and Cayman community. Join now to discuss modifications, exhaust, tires and more!
Full Forum Listing