Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 718 CS (CPO) came with a service contract (pre-paid 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k, 50k mi.).

I will be in NYC for a while and the 20k service is coming up. The Porsche dealership in Manhattan (Manhattan Motor Cars) is one option, but I think that they represent many luxury brands, so the mechanics may not be solely for Porsche.

I am open to suggestions in NY, NJ and Long Island. I am looking for a dealership with good reputation for service/maintainance/repairs.

I will be doing the bracket recall as well.

Registered
I've been to both Porsche South Shore in Long Island and Manhattan Motorcars. While Manhattan Motorcars does have multiple brands, they definitely are a full fledged Porsche dealer, you'll deal with a Porsche SA and everything like the other dealers. The other brand they carry are low volume (Bugatti, Lamborghini) type cars, when I was there I only saw Porsches in the service bay. It's more like a Porsche dealership with some mechanics specializing in those other brands.

Ultimately they're all just VW 馃槀

Premium Member
I have not had my car serviced by Porsche South Shore but I spoke with the sales side and I was pretty impressed both with them being straightforward and their pricing is quite competitive.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #4
I've been to both Porsche South Shore in Long Island and Manhattan Motorcars. While Manhattan Motorcars does have multiple brands, they definitely are a full fledged Porsche dealer, you'll deal with a Porsche SA and everything like the other dealers. The other brand they carry are low volume (Bugatti, Lamborghini) type cars, when I was there I only saw Porsches in the service bay. It's more like a Porsche dealership with some mechanics specializing in those other brands.

Ultimately they're all just VW 馃槀
Thank you for your input!

Do you have experience with Porsche South Shore?

Registered
Thank you for your input!

Do you have experience with Porsche South Shore?
Yes, I did my 10k mile service there. No complaints, SA was professional, pricing was lower than MMC ($416 vs $500+) but if you have prepaid maintenance I suppose it doesn't matter. I live in Manhattan so go to MMC for warranty work as the drive out and back to LI is pretty far in traffic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts