Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day All,

I appreciate this isn't 718 related but thought I'd share. Porsche have announced the MY22 refreshed Macan and the configurator has since been updated. It was interesting and refreshing to see Porsche offering some more bold out of the box interior combinations. i.e. Extended Black Leather with Papaya contrast stitching to name just one. Perhaps this is a hint of what might be coming for the 718 in MY23. I know MY22 just started but hey, one can think ahead. :)

MY22 Macan

·
Registered
14 Posts
eeech, the front end looks really weird. The "match front end colour to body" click is going to earn them more profit than all 718 sales combined :D.

·
Registered
416 Posts
eeech, the front end looks really weird. The "match front end colour to body" click is going to earn them more profit than all 718 sales combined :D.
Agree, we have 2 Macans and the current look is great to us.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good day All,

I appreciate this isn't 718 related but thought I'd share. Porsche have announced the MY22 refreshed Macan and the configurator has since been updated. It was interesting and refreshing to see Porsche offering some more bold out of the box interior combinations. i.e. Extended Black Leather with Papaya contrast stitching to name just one. Perhaps this is a hint of what might be coming for the 718 in MY23. I know MY22 just started but hey, one can think ahead. :)

MY22 Macan
It kind of is 718 related, as Porsche seems to pair the Boxster / Cayman with the Macan in some ways.

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
122 Posts
I occasionally think about getting a Macan as a second vehicle and one thing that always strikes me when I look at the confabulator is the paucity of bright colours. I am not a grey/black/white car kind of person, and they don't even have GT silver, which would be good for a winter vehicle. The only choices that pop are papaya (orange) and Carmine Red for three grand. Mysterious.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had three Macan SD gen 1 cars and aside from the dreaded dpf they were very good cars. Love the extra wheel and interior choices of the 2022 gen 3.

·
Registered
2021 Cayman T 6MT
57 Posts
The GTS looks sweet! I don’t like the capacitive touch on any of these newer vehicles. I drove a Cayenne as a loaner and I was accidentally hitting the buttons and it was quite annoying. Very interested to see what the next-gen Cayman ends up having.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm nearly 3 years into my third Macan GTS and I can't think of a better all rounder that can do what it does. I'm not going to buy an updated version as there aren't enough benefits to warrant the cost to change but I will be keeping the current one for a few more years where I might then change it for the upcoming Macan EV.

Gratuitous picture for those that like a bit of colour :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Also have a Macan. Love it. Can’t stand the buttonless HMI of the new Porsches. Pass on Panamera, 992, Macan, and Pepper.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Unfortunately, buttonless seems the way to go for most car manufacturers.
I hate trying to use touchscreen controls while actually driving.😡

I love being able to stabilise my hand (without it touching something off) and then having some feedback that I've actually pressed the button (without having to look and see if it's registered).👍

·
Registered
84 Posts
We actually have 2021 Macan S over this weekend as my wife’s Cayenne is in the shop. I was excited when she told me what she had. The buttons and interior design is very familiar and we both like the layout. We found the 992 interior we had for four days through Porsche Drive to be a very nice place to be with it being a marginal step up from the 718 and Cayenne but we both strongly disliked all the shiny bits and found the lack of buttons to be annoying. We both dislike the finger prints and dust being so obvious.

The Macan S itself is very compentent and a nice vehicle to drive but I found it to be rather boring for a Porsche.The engine is so subdued that I felt it might as well be a electric motor and I would actually prefer that as it probably eliminate the annoying initial accelerator tip in lag. I still like to drive GTS to see if that feels more Porsche but the S is not for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts