Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some Griot's TrackDay spray coming in a few days. Is there anything else that's safe and good for getting rid of the rubber off of the paint?

·
Registered
468 Posts
A bug and tar remover will do the trick, i use auto finesse, keep in mind of the car is waxed , it will remove the wax also.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sand paper works really well! ;)

I use Turtle bug and tar remover. It gets rid of everything and I've had no issues with paint using it.
+1 I too use Turtle bug and tar for a variety of sins, tree sap being one of them. Works great and doesn't seem to strip wax too badly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mother's R3 is specifically designed to remove race rubber from the finish. I've been using it for years and it is an excellent product.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I ordered the R3 and trying to cancel my other order. Black rubber is embarrassing on a white car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I get the rubber off there as soon as possible. In my experience it comes off easiest when it is fresh.

YMMV!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have some Griot's TrackDay spray coming in a few days. Is there anything else that's safe and good for getting rid of the rubber off of the paint?
Simply rub with Armor All Glass or Detailing wipes, comes right off with a little pressure. If washing the car, rubbing with my glove sponge does the same.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I get the rubber off there as soon as possible. In my experience it comes off easiest when it is fresh.

YMMV!
+1

Would a good fresh coat of paint sealant and perhaps wax on top applied before the track day be helpful too?

·
Registered
476 Posts

best invention ever. found it years ago on a bike forum being used to remove the dead bugs on the front of bikes, and if you have ever ridden you know how much of a pain that is.

spray it on, let it sit 30 seconds, wipe it off with a soft cloth. repeat if necessary. rinse with water. done.

i too have a white car and it attracts black smears. this stuff is a godsend, and smells great too. i have ppf and ceramic on my car and have had no issues at all.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't think of it as embarrasing. Instead it shows that you've driven the car hard on track - something to be proud of! :)
After reading this, I looked at it differently and did leave the marks on for a while. I get a lot of people (guys) talking to me about my car and the marks make me legit (I've been told). But when it came time, R3 worked pretty well.

I need a better bug & tar remover and will try the stuff nine ball recommends.

Reactions: RussellHodgson
1 - 13 of 13 Posts