Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi 718 Folks,

Didn't see any reviews of this phone mount. I installed it today and managed to break a on the panel they show removing in the video at the link below. Looks like there are two issues in the 718's. One the panel gap between the screen and the console panel seems to be less. The gap created by the phone mount is more noticeable then the photos they show with PCM 3.0. Also there is an extra plastic piece (photo 1) that covers the holes/screws they use. The extra depth of the plastic piece causes the panel to stick out slightly more. I believe, but can't prove that caused me to misalign the lower and front most plastic clip that gets pushed toward the front (photo 2). This resulted in me snapping it off :(.

I went back and watched the video after breaking it to see what I did wrong, that's when I noticed the extra plastic piece is not present in the videos. I didn't see or hear them mention it (but I'm in a rush as always, so maybe missed it). After removing that piece (photo 1), the panel mounts more flush and looks fine.

Anyhow, my warning is remove the piece (photo 1) before trying to replace the panel. The only downside is its not 100% symmetric because you can actually see the top of the plastic piece on the other side.

Rennline Phone Mount PM 01.04

--RG

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
I did not write a review, but I was able to install the mount without any problems. Before installing the mount, I did a practice run removing the side panel and discovered both the panel hook and the plastic mounting hole. I also saw a post on Planet 9 or Rennlist warning about breaking the plastic panel hook. Fitment for my install looks great, and I'm very happy, although, I wish that access to the tuning knob was easier.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not write a review, but I was able to install the mount without any problems. .
How did you get it flush with the plastic part in place? It 100% covers the top hole and must add extra depth. I couldn't get the panel to sit flush with it still in. Pretty sure the clip broke when I pushed a little harder trying to get it to go flush. Without the piece it goes flush with zero effort....

And yeah, access to the volume knob is horrible with a phone there. I didn't get the multi-function steering wheel so that's actually a pretty big issue.

--RG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts