Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, I have a 2021 S with Cobb stage 1 and had no issues at MSR in the summer. Added third radiator for safety though for COTA. My oil temperature were above 250F but engine pulled great.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I added the original center radiator from Suncoast and grills from Radiator Grill Store. Center grill has not arrived yet but side radiator grills are in and looking good. Question is if the grills reduce air flow over the radiators but only track time will tell. For the center you don’t have to take front off but since you have to strip front for the center radiator install we installed sides then.
I did not add new air filter as turbo seems to spool up nice.
I did also add Ohlins RT, LCA’s And went to 19’s 255/35 and 285/35.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did not track yet, just finished work. I will be at MSR Houston this weekend and will let you know.
I did not have PASM either. We did not set the car very low yet - used GT 4 settings and put 2.9 fx, 2.0 back as initial camber settings.
this is work in progress.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have not tracked the CS (only our 991.1) at Cota yet… waiting for next event but as said in the summer at MSR Houston I was close to 260F with no limp mode and no center radiator.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wanted to give update on Limp mode after MSR Houston but weather was too beautiful and in low 70’s, only made it to 248F. Rest of the car went well but ran out of pads on second day 🤬. Did not expect that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've worked with Scott at Softronic in the past. No progress on limp mode there after hearing that his tune would fix it. I know people with APR tunes that have this problem. EQT hasn't fixed suncoast's problem either. I'm overall very skeptical on tuners being able to do anything

I don't think this is a good method to judge anything because tracks have different characteristics and different ambient temperatures. My limp mode will set it in at oil temp 250, which takes about 20ish minutes at COTA with air temps in the 80s. COTA is a track that is full throttle a huge percentage of the time, and puts loads on the engine that are not consistent with other tracks. So people saying they do or don't get limp mode doesn't mean much unless it's on the same track around the same time of year. I bet I could track my car on most other courses and be fine judging by the fact that I can partially lift for about a quarter of a lap to un-limp my car for another lap.

Lemme know when you're out at COTA and I'll come say hi. Interested to see what happens here
when is the next event, don’t see one yet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Had an interesting discussion this week with another member here about limp mode and I understand it happened to him at COTA in February or March and not as I had expected in the summer and it was a 2017 vintage. I still have nothing and my 2021 CS with COBB shows no issues of heat soak, driving mid 2:30 laps so not that slow. I wonder if it is a programming issue?

·
Registered
68 Posts
All went very well. I am in the Advanced group and we were moving pretty quickly around the track. Interestingly my oil temps never went far above 260 and mostly even below 260. The third radiator makes a difference. Only observation was that my top speed on the back topped out at just over 140 mph, that is 5 - 8 less than in March at 50 F but again, it was 100isch F.
Font Screenshot Technology Software Multimedia

1 - 19 of 19 Posts