Porsche 718 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would be up for this.

If there is anyone from San Francisco that wants to caravan from SF to Alices, let me know and we can plan on a meet up place and then head over to Alices

Sunday, 6/23 at 10AM at Alice's Restaurant on Skyline sounds good to me. I recall Alice's does not take reservations. One would think 10AM is early enough to get a table. I'd hate to keep the early risers from their fun drive, so by all means, drive the heck out of Skyline before us night people arrive at 10 :D

Can we get a head count? I think the list is
  • hume
  • vhs
  • kfahmi
  • SonicSid (but only in immaterial spirit)
  • Dr.Cornelius

What about Winstonwolf and geemman?

BTW, another option would be Apple Jacks in La Honda or the San Gregorio General Store. Neither is exactly fine dining, but they're decent places to meet. If Alice's is just packed we could drive down to Apple Jacks as the backup. I doubt we'll have a problem finding each other, just start chatting with anyone in a 718!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sunday, 6/23 at 10AM at Alice's Restaurant on Skyline sounds good to me. I recall Alice's does not take reservations. One would think 10AM is early enough to get a table. I'd hate to keep the early risers from their fun drive, so by all means, drive the heck out of Skyline before us night people arrive at 10 :D

• hume
  • vhs
  • kfahmi
  • Dr.Cornelius

BTW, another option would be Apple Jacks in La Honda or the San Gregorio General Store. Neither is exactly fine dining, but they're decent places to meet. If Alice's is just packed we could drive down to Apple Jacks as the backup. I doubt we'll have a problem finding each other, just start chatting with anyone in a 718!

Sounds good. I will be coming from Sunnyvale if anyone wants to meet up before heading to Alices.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I still plan on being there at 10AM at Alice's Restaurant on Skyline Blvd this Sunday, June 23rd.

Got a nail in a rear tire last week. Too close to the sidewall to be repaired. Tires are already past 50% worn so I figure I better replace both. Tires ordered so I hope to be good to go by this weekend. Do construction workers purposely drop nails and screws or do they just not care? Whenever I am in a parking lot if I see a nail/screw, I pick it up. I then feel like I did my good deed for the day.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'll be there too. If I'm a few minutes late, I'm the platinum blonde in a white Cayman - I should be easy to spot.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm gonna try and be there around 11-11:30, trying to arrange and appointment that morning.

Hopefully you guys will still be there

·
Registered
100 Posts
... Do construction workers purposely drop nails and screws or do they just not care? Whenever I am in a parking lot if I see a nail/screw, I pick it up. I then feel like I did my good deed for the day.
It seems like it as I'm always picking them up in turns. My "apex everything" attitude isn't helping though... :laugh:
I do the same and I'm constantly finding nails and screws on the ground, holding them until I can find a rubbish bin. I need all the inflated tires good Karma I can get.

Have a great drive everyone, will join you all on the next run.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks like my Sunday morning has freed up for the meet up at Alice's this Sunday.

Anyone from SF want to caravan there together?

Let me know and we can plan on a time to meet and head to Alice's.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Winstonwolf and I are meeting at Stonestown shopping mall in SF at 830 and then heading to Alice's for the 718 meet and greet.

Anybody else wanna meet us and caravan on over?

Let us know.

• hume
  • vhs
  • kfahmi
  • Dr.Cornelius

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Thanks Bryan for the invite. This is my backyard driving road so if you guys don't mind including a former 718 owner/driver (and still enthusiast/champion) I'm there...

·
Registered
231 Posts
What's the plan for Sunday? Meet and have breakfast at Alice's and then head out for a drive an hour or so later?

Is anyone bringing a spouse or SO? My boyfriend is slowly coming to grips with his girlfriends' re-emergence as a motorhead and would like to come along. The more he's onboard with it, the easier it'll be for me to move to a GTS in a year or two :)

Reactions: sevencyclist

·
Registered
58 Posts
Barring the unforeseen, I will be there. I say at a little past 10 we try to get a table (hopefully not a problem at that time). We'll tell the waiter we are the 718 group and if you come late just ask for the 718 table.

It looks like we have 8 confirmed:
  • hume
  • vhs (plus spouse)
  • kfahmi
  • Dr.Cornelius
  • Geemman
  • ZuffenHouseRules
  • sevencyclist
Did I miss anyone? Let's try to get a table for 10. We may need to break into two tables if we get much bigger. I doubt my spouse will be coming.

My plan after Alice's is to drive to the coast. I know some good roads but am happy to explore others' recommendations. We probably all have different degrees of driving "spiritedly" so I'll just say there should be no expectation to stay as a group as we drive. If the maniacs are just going to darn fast then drive the speed you are comfortable, I'm usually not the fastest person on the road ? We can always find a second meeting place if we feel like it.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday! I'll be in the Sapphire Blue Cayman.

·
Registered
122 Posts
WinstonWolf, ZuffenhouseRules, Myself and a friend of mine should be at Alice's by about 930-10, well most likely park across the street from Alice's. Hopefully we can get our cars in one spot for a photo opportunity.

see everyone tomorrow morning

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice to meet you guys at Alice's - enjoyed the talk and the chance to see more 718s.

After lunch Jeffrey led the way to the coast on Pescadero Road. Perfect road for 718 - winding and challenging, with light traffic. Trailed most of the way by a Ferrari and a Corvette.

Forgot to take pictures - anybody take some?

-Scott

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm sorry I didn't make it. I woke up late, went back to sleep for five more minutes... and woke up at 10:30 :(

81 - 100 of 123 Posts