Porsche 718 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Will catch you next time @vhs.

As someone requested, here is a picture of small upgrade option that I did to my keys for 7 dollars on eBay instead of much more on Suncoast. I have a yellow and a green one. The colors are very prominent, and makes it easy for valet to find my keys in a sea of black keys.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
It was nice to meet Hume, Dr. Cornelius, and Sevencyclist.

Met Winstonwolf at Stonestown then met my friend and Zuffenhouse in Burlingame off of 280 then headed to Alice's. Great day and nice weather and great drive.

Wish we all could have driven together, but my friend in his orange 986 boxster had to leave for his son's baseball game. Hopefully we can get another meet up.

Great times. Here are a few pics.

Nice to meet you guys at Alice's - enjoyed the talk and the chance to see more 718s.

After lunch Jeffrey led the way to the coast on Pescadero Road. Perfect road for 718 - winding and challenging, with light traffic. Trailed most of the way by a Ferrari and a Corvette.

Forgot to take pictures - anybody take some?

-Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all! Been lurking on this forum for months while my Cayman was in production. Just picked it up from PEC LA yesterday so now I feel I can post here :) Would love to meet up with you all soon! I’m in the East Bay

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome, cd716!

I will be at Porsche Werks Reunion on August 16th and the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance on August 18th. Let me know if anyone else will be attending!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sad I missed out on a great drive! I'll check out the posted FB links and will be looking very much forward to the next drive.
At least that weekend I have a good visit with family in PDX and was able to capture a nice photo or two.
(sorry, couldn't get a 718 in the photo ;*)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Time for another Alice's breakfast and drive? Also: if anyone interested in a more spirited mid-week mid-morning drive (Skyline and the coast) that's my regular weekly run, let's meetup.

·
Registered
2019 718 Cayman - Manual, PTV, PASM, Sport Chrono
60 Posts
Popping in as a new local - I live on the Peninsula, and drive past Alice's restaurant every day on my commute to work.

Dealer: Carlsen
718 Flavor: 2019 Cayman 2.0 - 6MT, PASM, SC, PTV

I spent a lot of time in the BMW club (primarily autocross and track days) a few years back, and am looking forward to getting to know the local Porsche community! I'll stay tuned here to see if I can join any meets/drives/events.

Hope to see you out on Hwy 84!

IMG_20200301_165259-01.jpeg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anybody from the Bay Area going to Monterey Werks Reunion this year? Registration just opened up a few days ago. Apparently they won't charge credit cards until July 1 in case its cancelled.

Expecting smaller crowds so this might be the year to go.

-Scott
Sunnyvale

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was driving up Page Mill Road yesterday for mountainbiking and saw about 4-5 Cayman and Boxsters parked near 280. Wondering whether I had missed a local get together?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know that pre-Covid19 there was a ”Boxster brunch” at Alice’s once a month, maybe someone getting that together again? I first saw it advertised on the 986 forum, and Golden Gate region PCA had it on their calendar as well, I have checked neither recently though.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
10 months ago I moved to Menlo Park from North Carolina. Right now I am driving a Macan but I have a Cayman T coming in December.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts