Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Driving at full throttle, anywhere outside the track, you will kill yourself. And if you don't get a chance to do it yourself, someone else will do it for you!

Under normal cicumstances, the only time I might hit full throttle is in a freeway onramp and that's just for 2-3 seconds.

Come on people, we all drive the same car!... Full throttle? Sheesh...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Under normal cicumstances, the only time I might hit full throttle is in a freeway onramp and that's just for 2-3 seconds.
Ayup. I manage to go full throttle maybe once every two months if I'm lucky. If I tried more often I'd hit someone.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The roads in the USA must be very different to where I live. I am able to use full throttle pretty much every time I drive it. Usually only for a second or two. On weekends I will take drive down a nice back road and will give it more extended time on full throttle. If I could not I would never have gotten a car like this.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
It’s not the roads... it’s the cops!... :eek:

Also, for me, to get to reasonable back roads, I have to drive 40-60 miles...

Each way!...:confused:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
The roads in the USA must be very different to where I live.
Like DIH I worry some about the cops but I worry more about the car in front of me. Boston is a large city in a part of the country with a high population density.

·
Registered
169 Posts
For me, I have a daily commute about 20-25 minutes and much of that is through suburban back streets with little or no other vehicles. Without speeding (much) you can still enjoy the acceleration when coming out of a T intersection etc.

I have nice roads about 15 minutes from my house... and lots of nice roads about 30-45 minutes away. Nice roads for me are what we would call here a Gorge road (Canyon road??) that is windy through Australian Bush often going down to a river/creek crossing and back up the other side to a ridge. A 718 can reach 200kph pretty quickly, so you can't be on full throttle for longer than about 5-10 seconds at one time, but between tight corners you are often using a few seconds of full throttle. Full throttle longer than that would only be if you started from very low speed and were out late at night or early in the morning. Not many roads around me support high speeds. I want to do a 100-200kph performance log, but having difficulty working out how to do that.

·
Registered
447 Posts
70 miles northwest of San Antonio and 150+ MPH is safely within reach.

Just ensure you have friends willing to telegraph “specific conditions” to keep everyone out of the pokey. 😎

Reactions: Graustark
21 - 27 of 27 Posts