Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love the Satin Platinum wheels on my '22 CGTS! I've never been a fan of black wheels, usually preferring the more traditional silver wheel finish on all my cars. But Satin Platinum is a great wheel finish, because it's dark enough that even a moderate coating of brake dust doesn't scream "dirty wheels" like it would with the optional silver wheels. It also provides some contrast to my GT Silver exterior. I'm super happy with the decision, even though it was an extra $600 for this wheel finish.

The configurator pictures definitely don't do Satin Platinum justice. I happened to be visiting another dealer to check out the racing bucket seats while I was waiting for my build to lock, and they had a Gentian Blue CGTS with the Satin Platinum wheels in the showroom awaiting an engine swap. Imho, these wheels look even better in person than in pictures, because the eye does a better job of picking out all the subtle color and contrast differences.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Window Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Cloud Car Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the Satin Platinum wheels on my '22 CGTS! I've never been a fan of black wheels, usually preferring the more traditional silver wheel finish on all my cars. But Satin Platinum is a great wheel finish, because it's dark enough that even a moderate coating of brake dust doesn't scream "dirty wheels" like it would with the optional silver wheels. It also provides some contrast to my GT Silver exterior. I'm super happy with the decision, even though it was an extra $600 for this wheel finish.

The configurator pictures definitely don't do Satin Platinum justice. I happened to be visiting another dealer to check out the racing bucket seats while I was waiting for my build to lock, and they had a Gentian Blue CGTS with the Satin Platinum wheels in the showroom awaiting an engine swap. Imho, these wheels look even better in person than in pictures, because the eye does a better job of picking out all the subtle color and contrast differences.

View attachment 36230

View attachment 36231

View attachment 36232

View attachment 36233

View attachment 36234

View attachment 36235

View attachment 36236

View attachment 36237
Looks incredible on GT silver

·
Registered
2022 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 PDK White (in Waiter’s Club)
35 Posts
They looks amazing on GT silver.
Not that good on more "striking colors" like guard red or racing yellow.
Aware for the extra cost also.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The configurator pictures definitely don't do Satin Platinum justice. ... Imho, these wheels look even better in person than in pictures, because the eye does a better job of picking out all the subtle color and contrast differences.
Totally agree with that - the configurator is awful.
Not guards red, but here are some of mine with Crayon/Chalk
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

1 - 14 of 14 Posts