Porsche 718 Forum banner

Satin Pearl White wrap

11K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  ashr43 
#1 ·
Did this wrap over my Lava Orange original. Love it!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
any reason for the radical colour change?

looks like it would have been expensive

looks very nice and subtlely different to either of the Porsche whites

#4 ·
Nice -- classy. But genuinely curious, did you actually order Lava Orange or it just came with the car from dealer lot or private resale? Because these strike me as the absolute extreme polar opposites on the car color spectrum (from bold/bright/look-at-me to understated/classic/stealth)....

#5 ·
Nice -- classy. But genuinely curious, did you actually order Lava Orange or it just came with the car from dealer lot or private resale? ....
Same question on my mind - especially after looking on Rickylim´s avatar .... 0:)
I would not opt in for the satin look - but the car looks nice and "different".

#6 ·
Well, it was two fold:

- to give it an “executive” look given its a DD

- that I could unveil a “new” car in 2-3 years time when I’m ready for a refreshing change! Or another wrap ?

Yes, this was purchased off a ready stock from the dealer. In this part of the world the wrap costs ~ usd 2k

Why Satin Pearl White? Imo it looks classy and subtle, always envied those makes with something like this, and yet not the typical white that I had in the previous ride.

Here’s another pix under a different lighting that captures the satin sheen.

Sorry being a noob to this forum I’m not familiar in addressing you kind folks individually with your questions. But thanks for the encouragements!

Attachments

#19 ·
Well, it was two fold:

- to give it an “executive” look given its a DD

- that I could unveil a “new” car in 2-3 years time when I’m ready for a refreshing change! Or another wrap ?

Yes, this was purchased off a ready stock from the dealer. In this part of the world the wrap costs ~ usd 2k

Why Satin Pearl White? Imo it looks classy and subtle, always envied those makes with something like this, and yet not the typical white that I had in the previous ride.

Here’s another pix under a different lighting that captures the satin sheen.

Sorry being a noob to this forum I’m not familiar in addressing you kind folks individually with your questions. But thanks for the encouragements!
The car looks amazing dude :)

#8 ·
I must say this is my first experience with satin / matte wraps. Once or twice weekly wash is certainly key to maintaining the condition. Using the right shampoo and cleaners (for matt surfaces) are also important.

Since it’s only been 2 months the wrap is holding up well. Though it is common (I’m told) in the initial stages for certain odd angles for the wraps to become loose. So having some warranty period helps.

But seeing the effect - so far no regrets!

#13 ·
Wow the wrap looks lovely really would add a unique element to all the 718's in the local club I'm considering adding the same to my base boxter with black top and silver 19inch wheels mine is black could you add more to how hard it has been to maintain the Matt finish so far and more pictures would help Thanks!

#15 ·

Attachments

#17 ·
Gorgeous pics! Were I not going w/ white + white wheels, I might consider it. the painted white wheels would be glossy and that would conflict w/ the satin matte of the wrap.

Hope the wrap is strong. If you got a chip in the wrap, the Lava Orange might show through very conspicuously.

#18 · (Edited)
Your satin pearl white wrap looks terrific.

I've been thinking seriously of doing to same to my Boxster S.

I have two questions, with which you can no doubt help me:

1. I've read that satin and matte wraps require extra care when washing the car, and that they can't be waxed. And I've read your comments regarding your wash routine and products. Now that you've had the wrap for almost two years, have you experienced any challenges in keeping your satin wrap looking great?

2. Did your installer wrap the door sills, underside of doors, and all related areas? What did you do about the underside of the frunk lid and rear trunk lid? (I guess that's 3 questions). If any of those areas were wrapped, might you post photos?

Thanks,
Roger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.