Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is the second 718 I've seen in 4 months of driving here in the NYC area. This was a white, top-down 718 Boxster literally flying down the CT Turnpike early this afternoon. I saw it coming a ways back and thought to myself that is one cool looking Porsche, and as it got closer I realized what it was.

Very impressive and commanding looking on the road.

BTW, was this anyone here? If so, you were driving it like a nut (according to my wife) or driving like it is meant to be driven (according to me). ;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
I saw two 718s in the last week. This might not be a big deal but I live in a fairly small community and you don't normally see a lot of Porsches. The first I spotted was a Guards Red Cayman heading the opposite way on the road--it looked stunning!. The next day as I was driving through the grocery store parking lot there it was. The owner was in it and talking to a guy in another car. I drove up and told the fellow that I really admired his car and that I had a 718 Boxster. His reply was "so that was you." We both laughed and had a very pleasant conversation about our cars. I also had to laugh because I was in my Macan and he was very curious as to how I liked it and would I recommend it--which I did.

The other 718 I spotted was a Black Boxster. I saw it from a distance and did not get a chance to see who was driving it. Much like Photonscience's reaction--it was "one cool looking car." I have yet to see it again but one of my friends told me that he has also seen it around as well. Glad to see that others in our small community have such good taste.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts