Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have seat cooling? At the max setting, I barely feel anything. I've had a car with cooled seats in the past, so I'm not expecting icicles, but this is practically nill.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Anybody else have seat cooling? At the max setting, I barely feel anything. I've had a car with cooled seats in the past, so I'm not expecting icicles, but this is practically nill.
I have a 2016 Macan and 2017 Boxster. Both have ventilated seats. I can feel a lot of cool air on the Macan but as you have said almost none on the Boxster. I put smart top on my car and was thinking that may have caused my problem but that might not be the case.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had seat cooling on my ex 981 Boxster.
It was working very well, but only when AC is on.
It does not push cold air to your back, it is more like hoovering. So the humid air inside the seat get out and "new" air go in.
The temperature of the air in the back of the seat is important, because this air will go into the seat.

For me the seat ventilation had one disadvantage. The seat gets harder and more uncomfortable because there is less upholstery when you have the ventilation option.

·
Registered
54 Posts
When you live in the California desert and the average temperature during the summer is 105*, coolness is at a premium. Have them both on our Macan and 718 Cayman S. Really do not know if it is necessary on the latter as the cab is small and the A/C works great, but seats are a premium.

·
Registered
157 Posts
But ventilated seats feels so nice when you've just slid into a hot car. :D
Maybe there's a way to improve it via aftermarket products but I'm not aware of any. Only ever seen heating elements added to a seat, not ventilation ones.

·
Registered
744 Posts
My Boxster has seat cooling. It works great great!!!!!!!! It is especially effective when my t shirt is slightly damp and the evaporative cooling is very obvious. It works so good I typically use the lowest setting. All this in hot summer south Florida. I don't think seat cooling, either forced or inductive, will do much if there are a lot of cloth surfaces between you and the seat. MY GF has forced flow out of her (Ugh) Lexus seat and, IMO, it does not give the instant satisfaction that the Porsche inductive flow does.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Porsche calls then ventilated seats and not cooling seats because they circulate air between you and the seating surface and requires the AC on to properly do so. They don't blow cold air on you. They are a must have for me in Texas. I have them in both my Macan and Cayman.

Reactions: Viffermike

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Porsche calls then ventilated seats and not cooling seats
This. It's an important distinction. The seat-ventilation buttons use a fan icon (ambient air movement) and not a snowflake icon (A/C) for a reason.

I'm also in Texas. And the ventilated seats are awesome, especially with full leather.

Reactions: Porsche2018

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
939 Posts
I live in Texas. Ventilated seats are not even a question. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.