Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi out there. New to the forum, and still waiting for an allocation. Have been on a waitlist for BGTS 4.0 with deposit since last August 2021. Getting frustrated as I see many of you talking about receiving allocations over the past year and my dealership (PenskeTysons Corner) keeps saying they aren't getting any, except 1 last fall. I am trying to verify this information or if I am just being led along. So, I could use your help, please comment if you have gotten an allocation from this dealer since last August, and include which model-particularly the GTS. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6-speed
1,077 Posts
Hi out there. New to the forum, and still waiting for an allocation. Have been on a waitlist for BGTS 4.0 with deposit since last August 2021. Getting frustrated as I see many of you talking about receiving allocations over the past year and my dealership (PenskeTysons Corner) keeps saying they aren't getting any, except 1 last fall. I am trying to verify this information or if I am just being led along. So, I could use your help, please comment if you have gotten an allocation from this dealer since last August, and include which model-particularly the GTS. Thanks for your help.
Can't comment specifically regarding Tysons. I received an allocation from Bethesda last September for a 2022 Cayman GTS that was delivered in November. I believe they have received several Boxster and Cayman GTS's allocations since then. However, my original MY 2021 I had ordered in April 2021 came in with the wrong seats, and to compensate for the mistake, they bumped me ahead of several waiting list deposits. I think if I had put my first deposit down in August 2021, I might stilll be waiting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess you somewhat verify my suspicions, that allocations have continued to dribble out all along. And their assertions that they have received none is questionable. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I received an allocation for a BGTS the first week of May. I made a deposit in mid February this year. I have no prior Porsche purchases or any purchases from this dealer group, but I do know the GM from when he worked at a Mercedes dealership from which I’ve bought and serviced 10 cars in the last 15 or so years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I received an allocation for a BGTS the first week of May. I made a deposit in mid February this year. I have no prior Porsche purchases or any purchases from this dealer group, but I do know the GM from when he worked at a Mercedes dealership from which I’ve bought and serviced 10 cars in the last 15 or so years.
Just to clarify, this was at Penske Tysons Corner. If so, this was the 'extra' allocation my SA said was skipped, I believe. It appears you leapfrogged over me, August 2021 vs Feb 2022. Hmm, very interesting:) Thanks for your information.

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder
2,855 Posts
Just to clarify, this was at Penske Tysons Corner. If so, this was the 'extra' allocation my SA said was skipped, I believe. It appears you leapfrogged over me, August 2021 vs Feb 2022. Hmm, very interesting:) Thanks for your information.
I think it was September or October of '21 that Penske called to offer me a Boxster 25 allocation that they had. Did they offer that to you? At the time I had just cancelled my Spyder order with them (because I got an allocation in NY)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it was September or October of '21 that Penske called to offer me a Boxster 25 allocation that they had. Did they offer that to you? At the time I had just cancelled my Spyder order with them (because I got an allocation in NY)
No, didn't hear about that one. This is beginnng to come into focus for me. Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not at Penske, sorry, reading is hard…

This was at Porsche St. Louis, but I expect we are getting fewer cars here as it’s a smaller market. We only have one dealer here and two in the whole state.

All in all it’s hard to believe Tysons Corner hasn’t seen any allocations since last fall. If I were you I’d get on the list at the other 6 or so dealerships that look to be reasonably close to you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not at Penske, sorry, reading is hard…

This was at Porsche St. Louis, but I expect we are getting fewer cars here as it’s a smaller market. We only have one dealer here and two in the whole state.

All in all it’s hard to believe Tysons Corner hasn’t seen any allocations since last fall. If I were you I’d get on the list at the other 6 or so dealerships that look to be reasonably close to you.
Thanks again for you reply. Enjoy your set of wheels!

·
Registered
21 Boxster GTS 4.0 - Night Blue
626 Posts
I'm not sure I trust Tysons Porsche (assume that is one in the same) - I put a deposit to get in line for a BGTS in June 2021, and by early Aug 2021 cancelled it since I had gone in a different direction. I always felt like they were just stringing me along, and they were "sure they'd be getting several allocations before year end". I'm in Richmond VA but ended up buying a 3 month old BGTS from Porsche South Bay in Los Angles and shipping her over.

Good luck to you, you might want to call other dealerships recommended by those who've had good experiences getting a 4.0

·
Registered
577 Posts
Interesting. I had a $5k deposit down and “ order demand” at Porsche St. Louis since the first week of June 2021 for a CGTS. Waited, waited, waited. Nothing. In November, they assured me I was next up. Finally got tired of waiting in February when I cancelled it and they offered me an incoming used 2021 for $125k, which I think was over MSRP. I declined.

I still have a deposit at another dealer ( August 2021) and crickets.

·
Registered
21 Boxster GTS 4.0 - Night Blue
626 Posts
Interesting. I had a $5k deposit down and “ order demand” at Porsche St. Louis since the first week of June 2021 for a CGTS. Waited, waited, waited. Nothing. In November, they assured me I was next up. Finally got tired of waiting in February when I cancelled it and they offered me an incoming used 2021 for $125k, which I think was over MSRP. I declined.

Yep, my deposit with Tyson's was 5k as well, and I felt like a number to them

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6-speed
1,077 Posts

Haha.... a 1 year old used CGTS fro $125k? Yes, that was probably well over MSRP for a comparably equipped GT4, let alone a GTS 4.0. You were polite to "decline". I would have told them to stick it somewhere where the sun doesn't shine. Once again, every time I hear stories like these, I am compelled to take my SM out to lunch for honoring a 5% discount to MSRP on a 2022 CGTS after a mix up on my 2021 order that wasn't really their fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not in States but I hope my information can help you. I order the same BGTS 4.0 as yours last August 2021 (Location: Asia, Taiwan), and finally my dealer in Taiwan told me in March 2022 that my car is going to manufacture in June. I assume that information is correct and every order around the world uses the same system to queue, we should have the similar production date. Your dealer should have the information when is your car on the production line.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
im in Canada. Ordered CGTS with 5K deposit in April 2022 with one of the top 5 dealers in Canada. was told 12-18 months delivery at the time. im expecting an Allocation by april 2023. this is just a guess and hopefully i will take delivery by august 2023.
am i being relistic?

was also told that orders with lots of options (Dollar value) would get delivered quicker. anyone else?

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
im in Canada. Ordered CGTS with 5K deposit in April 2022 with one of the top 5 dealers in Canada. was told 12-18 months delivery at the time. im expecting an Allocation by april 2023. this is just a guess and hopefully i will take delivery by august 2023.
am i being relistic?

was also told that orders with lots of options (Dollar value) would get delivered quicker. anyone else?
Based on reading these forums, I think your timeline is a little optimistic.
The whole bit about “High Option” cars being prioritized is tricky. Rife with salesmanship rumours and speculation.

Did you get the “Thanks for Waiting” letter from Porsche Canada?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Based on reading these forums, I think your timeline is a little optimistic.
The whole bit about “High Option” cars being prioritized is tricky. Rife with salesmanship rumours and speculation.

Did you get the “Thanks for Waiting” letter from Porsche Canada?
Yes. I did get the letter from Porsche Canada. I also got the magazine, publication subscription. Is that a good sign?

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Yes. I did get the letter from Porsche Canada. I also got the magazine, publication subscription. Is that a good sign?
For me it is, it proves your Demand Order is with Porsche Canada, and you are not on a dealer wait list. This reduces the likelihood of Sales shenanigans and means if the rumoured “prioritizations” are happening corporate is in on it, I think that is unlikely. Dealer run waitlist, sure some dealers will do sketchy stuff. That is my take on it FWIW.

·
Registered
30 Posts
For me it is, it proves your Demand Order is with Porsche Canada, and you are not on a dealer wait list. This reduces the likelihood of Sales shenanigans and means if the rumoured “prioritizations” are happening corporate is in on it, I think that is unlikely. Dealer run waitlist, sure some dealers will do sketchy stuff. That is my take on it FWIW.
Makes sense. THANK YOU.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts