Porsche 718 Forum banner

Seeking recommendations & pictures: 4.0 GTS Ducktails and Diffusers

6K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  sanher747 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I did the TWL ducktail, and then with concerns like @Scrounger I bought a front splitter there also. Then, because I got the TWL splitter and I was like WTH I might as well give Bernoulli the best chance I can so I bought the TWL diffuser. And my car really feels solid as a rock at speeds over 100 mph. However, if I could transport myself into the past and do over, I think I would have done the Suncoast Areokit Package and would have saved myself a thousand dollars AND had a center radiator thrown in for good measure. I would have had some parts painted. I'm happy still, and really haven't needed the front radiator, but I think I would have had the same effects.
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Car Vehicle
Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Hood Automotive lighting

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

#24 ·
The TWL Ducktail requires (like most of the bolts on your Porsche) torx key wrenches like these. The ducktail will come with what you need to replace the stock two piece deflector. It reuses some of the stock parts. The trick is to get the alignment correct so you get the spacing right. It isn't hard, but may take some patience. And there is a video of how to do it. Don't be like me and think you don't need to put rags in the spaces around the riser arms as you see in this video.

Reactions: CarGoesNyoom
#31 ·