Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after picking up my new Cayman S last Tuesday I put over 600 Kms on over the weekend and decided I finally had the 14 way seats at a point where I was comfortable.
I decided to have a go at setting the memory and it ended in defeat. I read the instructions numerous time and first step is “press set button and light in button will illuminate”-nothing. Tried holding it for a few seconds -still nothing. I was still thinking I was not following the manual instructions correctly. I called my SA who told me to bring it in and he would look at it. He couldn’t get it functioning either. He had their guy who goes over the workings of the cars with customers at pickup and still nothing.
They had a service advisor look at it and his only suggestion was to book a service appointment.
So I am now booked into my first service appointment after only a week of ownership, a little disappointing.

Another issue with the memory package is the car was shipped with the manual steering adjustment only. I was never informed of this and when I told my SA a couple of days after pickup he basically told me that is how it is? I believe others, including other Canadians, have received some sort of compensation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
499 Posts
That is disappointing. I’ve always wondered with all the production disruptions lately, what the effect would be on Porsche’s quality. Having to find a new source for their wiring harnesses is one example where that risk was created. Technically it shouldn’t matter, because every car has to meet their quality standards. But that’s the theory and not necessarily the reality.

Don’t these dealerships check basic functionality like that as part of their new car inspection before they let customers take possession? Seems ridiculous that they would’ve missed something that significant.

·
Registered
936 Posts
So after picking up my new Cayman S last Tuesday I put over 600 Kms on over the weekend and decided I finally had the 14 way seats at a point where I was comfortable.
I decided to have a go at setting the memory and it ended in defeat. I read the instructions numerous time and first step is “press set button and light in button will illuminate”-nothing. Tried holding it for a few seconds -still nothing. I was still thinking I was not following the manual instructions correctly. I called my SA who told me to bring it in and he would look at it. He couldn’t get it functioning either. He had their guy who goes over the workings of the cars with customers at pickup and still nothing.
They had a service advisor look at it and his only suggestion was to book a service appointment.
So I am now booked into my first service appointment after only a week of ownership, a little disappointing.

Another issue with the memory package is the car was shipped with the manual steering adjustment only. I was never informed of this and when I told my SA a couple of days after pickup he basically told me that is how it is? I believe others, including other Canadians, have received some sort of compensation.

in the latter part of MY '22 builds the power adjustable steering column feature was dropped from the builds

MY '23 doesn't have the feature at all - only manual adjusting columns and the memory package is just for the power seats (14 way SS / 18 way SS+)

·
Registered
188 Posts

If you are due compensation get in line. Porsche has given a third party the job of issuing the refunds but there is no way to contact them. Some of us are still waiting long after the date Porsche said we would have the checks. Total botch job by Porsche and now they will not respond to questions.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

You may need to run the seat through it's ranges to give the memory limits to work with. Front/back, up/down, seat back forward/back. It's a PITA to get it to work. Good luck.
FWIW

·
Registered
141 Posts
When I bought my 2018 Cayman used, there was an issue with the seat memory. I couldn't get it to work in the way the manual said it should. I googled around a bit and found a process for resetting it, and it has been fine ever since. I'm sorry I can't remember what the process was, or where I found it. I seem to remember that it did involve moving the seat around...

·
Registered
2022 Boxster 25 #618 / 1250
318 Posts
The buttons on the door don’t light up on mine. When I program the seats i do this:

1. Adjust seats to desired config
2. Press the set button once
3. Press the key button to program the settings to my key
4. The right hand circular display will show a message indicating the settings are being saved to the key.

I do have remote entry and drive which I assume you have in yours.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The buttons on the door don’t light up on mine. When I program the seats i do this:

1. Adjust seats to desired config
2. Press the set button once
3. Press the key button to program the settings to my key
4. The right hand circular display will show a message indicating the settings are being saved to the key.

I do have remote entry and drive which I assume you have in yours.
Thanks for the tip but I tried it this morning and no go for me. Taking to the dealer on Wednesday.

You are saying your set button does not light up when pressed as manual says? Do you have the light there or different model year no light?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Thanks for the tip but I tried it this morning and no go for me. Taking to the dealer on Wednesday.

You are saying your set button does not light up when pressed as manual says? Do you have the light there or different model year no light?

The memory light will not light up if the system thinks something's wrong. Did you do all the ranges (twice I guess) - up, down, front, back, seat back forward & back? If not, try that first.

I spent a few weeks a couple years back trying to get my seat memory back after the dealer lost it.. Tried everything, tried it twice. Nothing worked until I tried it one last time before taking her back to the dealership. Voila! Memory back, saved me a 190 mile round trip.
MOO & FWIW

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The memory light will not light up if the system thinks something's wrong. Did you do all the ranges (twice I guess) - up, down, front, back, seat back forward & back? If not, try that first.

I spent a few weeks a couple years back trying to get my seat memory back after the dealer lost it.. Tried everything, tried it twice. Nothing worked until I tried it one last time before taking her back to the dealership. Voila! Memory back, saved me a 190 mile round trip.
MOO & FWIW
I tried moving the seat through all its ranges, up down, backwards forwards, in out etc, but only once. My dealer is only 15 minutes away from my home and also the car was less than a week in my possession, so I was thinking they should fix it.

·
Registered
2022 Boxster 25 #618 / 1250
318 Posts
I checked it again and you’re right the set button does have a red LED. My apologies for poor guidance.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well that was simple, I was at the dealership less than an hour and the memory is now functioning. I was told it needed to be initiAlized.
In addition to the “enable memory setting” item line on the work order was a second Interesting item line “permanent omission of electric steering column adjustment”.
I’m thinking the two go hand in hand and probably should have been dealt with during PDI before pickup.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well that was simple, I was at the dealership less than an hour and the memory is now functioning. I was told it needed to be initiAlized.
In addition to the “enable memory setting” item line on the work order was a second Interesting item line “permanent omission of electric steering column adjustment”.
I’m thinking the two go hand in hand and probably should have been dealt with during PDI before pickup.

Picked up my car today and like you it had the manual steering wheel adjustment as I suspected. No offer of compensation though. It had all the other discontinued items so I’m not going to worry too much about it

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Picked up my car today and like you it had the manual steering wheel adjustment as I suspected. No offer of compensation though. It had all the other discontinued items so I’m not going to worry too much about it
Yes I am not worried about not having the electric steering adjustment but it would have been nice to have it acknowledged before pickup. A credit applicable toward service or items would have been nice too.

·
Registered
2022 Boxster GTS 4.0
15 Posts

I received a $500 credit that I applied to the cost of the car in August’22

1 - 20 of 29 Posts