Porsche 718 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Been eyeing aset. I was the install? I remember needing to take off the door panel depending ir it was a early model 718 or a late 718.
No door panel removal necessary on my 2017. Took 5 minutes. lol.

One small interior trim piece comes off, t20 torx screw, pop off the factory piece, put on the AWE diffuser, tighten t20, interior trim piece back on. Super easy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
No door panel removal necessary on my 2017. Took 5 minutes. lol.

One small interior trim piece comes off, t20 torx screw, pop off the factory piece, put on the AWE diffuser, tighten t20, interior trim piece back on. Super easy.
Sweet.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I had a very productive Sunday! Always wanted to have a floor like this and finally bit the bullet. It was time consuming but overall very easy to install the RaceDeck tiles.

Need to still do a little cutting in a few areas but I’ll save that for another day.

Flooring Floor Hall Door Wood

Property Fixture Interior design Architecture Floor

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts
Simply magnificent. Well done....

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I had a very productive Sunday! Always wanted to have a floor like this and finally bit the bullet. It was time consuming but overall very easy to install the RaceDeck tiles.

Need to still do a little cutting in a few areas but I’ll save that for another day.

View attachment 36687
View attachment 36688
View attachment 36690
View attachment 36689
View attachment 36691
View attachment 36692
I always wanted one like that too ............ free of clutter lol Looks great!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Well done...that's one totally impressive floor and one very uncluttered garage. Please don't show your pics to my Lovely Bride.

• Haha
Reactions: Robsx and Raven

·
Registered
932 Posts
I always wanted one like that too ............ free of clutter lol Looks great!
Well done...that's one totally impressive floor and one very uncluttered garage. Please don't show your pics to my Lovely Bride.
Alright guys I must confess - I took those pics right when I was done with the floor install before moving everything back into my garage. Its now fairly cluttered again though not as bad as before I did the floor 🤣 Bikes, shelves, car parts, etc. Next step is getting some wall-mount storage to get those items off the floor.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Alright guys I must confess - I took those pics right when I was done with the floor install before moving everything back into my garage. Its now fairly cluttered again though not as bad as before I did the floor 🤣 Bikes, shelves, car parts, etc. Next step is getting some wall-mount storage to get those items off the floor.
Then you'll need to post a follow up pic for our approval :sneaky:.

Reactions: Raven and GTS18BGTS

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts
Probably the best looking rear end this side of Hef's mansion...just a guess, no first hand knowledge.
Just keep showing that rear..... Salt in an open wound. Now he (@lsturbointeg) has the forum members teasing me. And yes @Treemagnet I did work for Hef back in college days and can concur on the backsides. Although it might be an age thing fogging the memory banks. :cool:

·
Registered
266 Posts
can't go wrong with RaceDeck!

After drooling at your photos as well as others listed on the forum, I am seriously contemplating a Race Deck garage floor make over. I completely understand the subjectivity that goes with color, style, design, etc. I have spent a fair amount of time perusing their website as well as the various related videos on YouTube. After having lived with the product for a while - do you have any recommendations and or advice for new purchasers. I’m leaning toward the Race Deck Diamond tile with a yet unknown pattern. Appreciate any assistance.

·
Registered
677 Posts
After drooling at your photos as well as others listed on the forum, I am seriously contemplating a Race Deck garage floor make over. I completely understand the subjectivity that goes with color, style, design, etc. I have spent a fair amount of time perusing their website as well as the various related videos on YouTube. After having lived with the product for a while - do you have any recommendations and or advice for new purchasers. I’m leaning toward the Race Deck Diamond tile with a yet unknown pattern. Appreciate any assistance.
thanks for the compliment! if you decide to go with RaceDeck i think you'll be happy you did as every time i open my garage all i do is smile :D if you go to Racedeck they do have a configurator that allows you to design your garage flooring. all you have to do is plug in the dimensions and from there you can select your tile and place them like so

than it automatically calculates how much it will cost as well as how many of each tiles you will need. there's quite a few designs you can choose and you can pretty much interchange any of them to work with each other. i went with the Free Flow design just because it works for my needs. so far i have not had any issues as far as clean ups or debris. very easy to clean with a shop vac or what i normally do a few times a year is just take a pressure washer and wash everything out. because it's a free flow design the water runs out of the garage.

if you plan on running cabinets or tool boxes be sure to actually run the tile underneath. looks more professional. don't cheap out and think i'll save a few here and there because you can't see them

and last thing is i highly recommend ordering the transition pieces.

anyways good luck with whatever you decide to do!

·
Registered
266 Posts
thanks for the compliment! if you decide to go with RaceDeck i think you'll be happy you did as every time i open my garage all i do is smile :D if you go to Racedeck they do have a configurator that allows you to design your garage flooring. all you have to do is plug in the dimensions and from there you can select your tile and place them like so

than it automatically calculates how much it will cost as well as how many of each tiles you will need. there's quite a few designs you can choose and you can pretty much interchange any of them to work with each other. i went with the Free Flow design just because it works for my needs. so far i have not had any issues as far as clean ups or debris. very easy to clean with a shop vac or what i normally do a few times a year is just take a pressure washer and wash everything out. because it's a free flow design the water runs out of the garage.

if you plan on running cabinets or tool boxes be sure to actually run the tile underneath. looks more professional. don't cheap out and think i'll save a few here and there because you can't see them

Appreciate the response. If I pull the trigger, I’ll definitely submit my photos to this thread (I know how it works!). Be well!

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts

Excellent review of the process and product. Food for thought.... <ponder ponder>

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts
Stay safe. I'm not good with big cities these days.. Have a wonderful holiday season... The lighting appears to be very festive..,

·
Registered
2018 Cayman Base MT
9 Posts
Stay safe. I'm not good with big cities these days.. Have a wonderful holiday season... The lighting appears to be very festive..,
I hear you. I love my city life but I use the 718 EXCLUSIVELY to leave town and the amount of security that's built into my parking spot helps me sleep at night.

Ironically the landlords don't celebrate Christmas but you gotta appreciate everyone's festive spirit around town.

121 - 140 of 155 Posts