Porsche 718 Forum banner

Share A Picture Of Your Garage

72K views 274 replies 102 participants last post by  224 PJ 
#1 ·
Share a picture of your garage with the Porsche 718 Community!

Messy or neat share a picture of your garage. :)

#196 ·
After perusing through all of these spectacular garages I decided mine needed some work. Actually, I knew it needed work but all of your work inspired me to do something before the car gets here. I finally painted the cabinets I built 20 years ago, moved out the necessary "stuff", patched a hole that was hidden by a piece of plywood and ordered flooring. I also tore out my old work bench for more room, sold off my two stacking tool chests, and bought one much larger tool chest with a workbench top. I ordered 500 sq ft of SwissTrax RibTrax premium flooring in Pearl Grey and got to it.
Flooring Floor Interior design Wood Hall

Fixture Road surface Shade Interior design Door

Door Fixture Architecture Building Floor

Fixture Floor Door Flooring Composite material

#199 ·
After perusing through all of these spectacular garages I decided mine needed some work. Actually, I knew it needed work but all of your work inspired me to do something before the car gets here. I finally painted the cabinets I built 20 years ago, moved out the necessary "stuff", patched a hole that was hidden by a piece of plywood and ordered flooring. I also tore out my old work bench for more room, sold off my two stacking tool chests, and bought one much larger tool chest with a workbench top. I ordered 500 sq ft of SwissTrax RibTrax premium flooring in Pearl Grey and got to it.
View attachment 48514
View attachment 48519
View attachment 48517
View attachment 48515
You've got my approval in spades! Time well spent.... Job well done.... We expect photos of you and your cot in "waiting" mode next....:D

#226 ·
Since I got my new car I wanted to paint the garage (since a nice car deserves a nice home:)). It was all still bare drywall, which looked quite ugly.
So I got someone to spraypaint the ceiling black (which I think looks really awesome) and made the walls white.
I'm a bit indecisive about the floor though. I got some ribdeck samples, but that's not really for me, so I'm thinking now of painting the concrete floor or put some other kind of floor tiles on it.

Next to that I'm thinking about adding some colored LED strips and some decoration on the white walls. Luckily there are plenty of inspiring garages to look at in this topic!

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle Bicycle

#227 · (Edited)
Since I got my new car I wanted to paint the garage (since a nice car deserves a nice home:)). It was all still bare drywall, which looked quite ugly.
So I got someone to spraypaint the ceiling black (which I think looks really awesome) and made the walls white.
I'm a bit indecisive about the floor though. I got some ribdeck samples, but that's not really for me, so I'm thinking now of painting the concrete floor or put some other kind of floor tiles on it.

Next to that I'm thinking about adding some colored LED strips and some decoration on the white walls. Luckily there are plenty of inspiring garages to look at in this topic!

View attachment 51885
You're on the right track. There are many new techniques for dressing the floor. If you're leaning to DIY the flooring should be anti-oil/fuel, spillage, etc. for easy maintenance. If the garage is "for show" your options are basically limitless. Totally looking forward to what you come up with to house the "Beast"....BTW..... Your stealth machine looks right at home..... Miles of smiles await thee....

#229 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

No space for the Boxster, the Morgan Aero Plus 8 lives inside.......along with "stuff"!!

The garage occupies part of the house, so insulated walls, ceiling and roller shutter door, it never freezes and remains warm and dry.
Should the Morgan ever go, then the Boxster will take its place.

#230 ·
View attachment 51890

No space for the Boxster, the Morgan Aero Plus 8 lives inside.......along with "stuff"!!

The garage occupies part of the house, so insulated walls, ceiling and roller shutter door, it never freezes and remains warm and dry.
Should the Morgan ever go, then the Boxster will take its place.
I am certain that with some additional overhead storage and a reconfiguration of sort you could get them both in there. It's unfortunate that the Box has to be outside. Ragtop roof and all exposed to the elements.

Beautiful Morgan by the way.

#231 ·
Robert, you are right, but I'd have to keep the ride on mower outside under a cover.
In the part of the UK I live in the weather is generally benign and the fabric, if kept waterproof, won't suffer. My wife has a horse riding pal who has a 9 year old Mini convertible that lives outside and the fabric looks fine: it was one of the reasons that made me more comfortable about keeping the Porsche outside. The Morgan? No way, it isn't properly waterproof, it just pretends.

#232 ·
Robert, you are right, but I'd have to keep the ride on mower outside under a cover.
In the part of the UK I live in the weather is generally benign and the fabric, if kept waterproof, won't suffer. My wife has a horse riding pal who has a 9 year old Mini convertible that lives outside and the fabric looks fine: it was one of the reasons that made me more comfortable about keeping the Porsche outside. The Morgan? No way, it isn't properly waterproof, it just pretends.
That's good to hear. Carry on then.

#235 ·
Rot is not likely. Most of the chassis is glued and bonded aluminium sheet and extrusions. 2014 S4 Aero based Morgans are VERY different.
Why sell it? I don't use it enough to justify keeping it. I've had it since new and in many ways the Porsche has replaced it.

Reactions: Treemagnet
#238 ·
No,no... the Land Rover can go anywhere a Porsche can go, but not as quickly.
The reverse is not the case.

The traditional Land Rover is a design and style Icon that endured for over 70 years. It combined functionality with simplicity.

Reactions: CallMeDave
#240 ·
No,no... the Land Rover can go anywhere a Porsche can go, but not as quickly.
The reverse is not the case.

The traditional Land Rover is a design and style Icon that endured for over 70 years. It combined functionality with simplicity.
I know - that was the punch line - not being stuck behind a slow (albeit very capable off road) truck