Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to decide if I want to tint my Cayman. Was interested in seeing others who have done so and if they went with 35% or so or darker like 20%. Feel free to post pics with what percent you chose.
Thanks!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have my 718 yet but on the 911 Targa the windows were tinted with 35% all around. The Macan has the 20% factory tint on the windows behind the driver's position and rear and I had the fronts tinted at 35%. When the 718 gets here I will probably tint the windows at 35% and the windscreen at 65% if I can find that shade. All windows were tinted with a ceramic material that greatly reduces the heat and makes it a lot more durable. Plus, the companies that make ceramic tint will generally offer a lifetime warranty against scratches. At least the company I chose offers it.

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
725 Posts
If you want to prevent your interior from getting beat up by UV and heat, then you will want to have some tint on your windows. There are various darkness levels of tint. Personally, I'm not a fan of the blacked out look. There is tint that is nearly completely clear but still offers significant UV protection. It's really up to your personal preferences and what your state law will allow.

Reactions: BobS

·
Registered
586 Posts
Ceramic 35% tint on side and rear windows.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
2018 Cayman GTS
181 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have my 718 yet but on the 911 Targa the windows were tinted with 35% all around. The Macan has the 20% factory tint on the windows behind the driver's position and rear and I had the fronts tinted at 35%. When the 718 gets here I will probably tint the windows at 35% and the windscreen at 65% if I can find that shade. All windows were tinted with a ceramic material that greatly reduces the heat and makes it a lot more durable. Plus, the companies that make ceramic tint will generally offer a lifetime warranty against scratches. At least the company I chose offers it.

View attachment 47422

View attachment 47423
The Targa is beautiful. 🥰

1 - 12 of 12 Posts