Porsche 718 Forum banner

581 - 600 of 603 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Don

I now see that LBB M2 in your sound symposer delete video was not a 'passing' coincidence . . . seems you guys are touring buddies, and always within a car's length of one another 🤣

Nice pics! . . . coming from a 718 CGTS GTS silver owner, so not biased or anything ;)

AVM

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes, thought it was something I would try but I will be going back to black. It is sacrificial so easy to switch back. It is amazing how all that black plastic stuff gets pitted with stones if you don't wrap it!
Yeah I notice during each washing the lip is a little more dinged up. I have the entire front wrapped, but not the lip. Heck, I have some damage to the wrap in places too.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Upgrade those side markers! And also, blue is a beauty.
I don't really get it. What's the big deal with the yellow markers? To me they look fine on most colors and, IMO, better than the clears on some. On Sapphire Blue I think it looks great. Is this just crowd think or is there something I'm missing?

BTW, the car is gorgeous. Nicely done!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Though I did change mine, the side markers in either color really look fine. Besides, when the clear are illuminated, they're orange anyway unless the bulbs can also be changed to clear.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't really get it. What's the big deal with the yellow markers? To me they look fine on most colors and, IMO, better than the clears on some. On Sapphire Blue I think it looks great. Is this just crowd think or is there something I'm missing?

BTW, the car is gorgeous. Nicely done!
Yea, the orange markers look great on most color cars. Some owners just have to modify everything, but a lot of mods are not 'upgrades'.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yea, the orange markers look great on most color cars. Some owners just have to modify everything, but a lot of mods are not 'upgrades'. View attachment 24594
I think it is a matter of color coordination. I changed mine to clear only because there was no other "orange" on the car. It seemed out of place to me.
Whatever your preference is will be the best choice.

·
Registered
90 Posts
We could go back and forth all day about the amber side markers and nobody is ever going to be right or wrong . . . that said, across the popular Porsche and Beemer forums, most everyone changes out the amber side markers. This indicates that most everyone feels they are hideous.

AVM

Edit: Beemer crowd seems to be quick to get rid of the red rear markers. I have yet to come across an aftermarket offering for my CGTS. If/when such an offering does become available, I will get rid of mine asap.

·
Registered
466 Posts
We could go back and forth all day about the amber side markers and nobody is ever going to be right or wrong . . . that said, across the popular Porsche and Beemer forums, most everyone changes out the amber side markers. This indicates that most everyone feels they are hideous.

AVM
And if everyone jumped off the cliff, would you follow?!😁

My dealer changed out the amber lights so I never saw Iris with them in place. I've been tempted to put them in place some day just to see how they look.

581 - 600 of 603 Posts