Porsche 718 Forum banner

601 - 603 of 603 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
And if everyone jumped off the cliff, would you follow?!😁

My dealer changed out the amber lights so I never saw Iris with them in place. I've been tempted to put them in place some day just to see how they look.
Nothing to do with bridges . . . like most, I simply think the amber side markers look hideous. If I liked the way they looked the ambers would still be in place. Like I said, there is no right or wrong, but there seems to be a high level of agreement.

AVM

·
Registered
488 Posts
If you can call someone in their mid 60s "innocent" then I qualified seeing my Cayman at delivery. I was shocked that the side lights were orange, and that there was the Sirius antenna on my roof!! I'd been staring at, and absorbing, the configurator images so long that I was completely deluded. I immediately considered replacing the side lights, but I didn't want to spend the money to remove the antenna. Now I'm OK with both. I still don't like the antenna, but can ignore it for the most part. The orange side lights in an ocean of agate gray and black, is disruptive, but from any front angle really makes the Porsche icon on the hood jump out. I can live with that. Besides, when the car is running, when the car is alive, and the lights are on or on auto, the clear side lights turn orange also.

·
Super Moderator
709 Posts
I am on the exact opposite tack. I believe that the clear marker fashion came in sometime in the nineties, connotating that (Japanese) cars with clear markers/light lenses were JDM imports (the 'real thing' not the castrated American versions). I have nothing against Japanese cars, or clear markers. I just think it depends on the car color. I probably should have clear markers on my Rhodium Silver Cayman, but I would definitely go for orange markers on a Guards Red or Racing Yellow (possibly even on Miami Blue).

601 - 603 of 603 Posts