Porsche 718 Forum banner

621 - 640 of 681 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
...I've had numerous Brit sports cars Austin Healey 3000, Jaguar E Type, Triumph TR3 and each one of them leaked as if designed that way...
My Alpine, Midget, and Herald prove your point, as they all leaked like sieves.

This was certainly confounding, since the German & Italian rag tops I had (manufactured during the same basic time frame) very rarely ever allowed any water inside the cabin...even during the worst of Houston "monsoons."

·
Registered
132 Posts
My MB 190 SL was water tight but they spent a lot of time/material and effort in designing and building that multi layered top and, to be honest, it was a much more expensive deal.....the Brits, not so much on cost or design.....nothing says 'afterthought' like separate plastic side screens one has to keep in the trunk...both my AH and TR had those and the technique was to drive with a bath towel around ones neck and hope for a headwind. In a strange way it was kind of fun/challenging.

·
Registered
608 Posts
@don What rims are those?
They are HRE R101 LWs. You can check them out here:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love that combination all the way around - blue roof vs black and those wheels! What are the two black slashes on the front bumper cover? Is the car Miami Blue?
Thanks, I'm not sure on the black slashes, it could be just the light. The Boxster is in Gentian Blue and the Macan is in Voodoo Blue.

·
Registered
720 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Here's an updated take on an old Porsche ad. It's a quick-and-dirty edit using Gimp (similar to Photoshop).

I used a photo of our car, taken when it was delivered to us at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta.
porsche-718-as fast as you can go without airline food.jpg

621 - 640 of 681 Posts