Porsche 718 Forum banner

721 - 740 of 769 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know I can use my windscreen washers without getting wet at speed.... and I think once above about 50kph, I don't get wet in light rain, but I get a few drops on the roll bar hoops.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Didn't the Mythbusters test this? :D
Great find! I hadn't seen this. MythBusters episode 124 deemed it "Plausible but not recommended" since high speeds were necessary to create an air bubble over the car. This doesn't seem like a problem to me. But here is an article explaining the physics behind this. A boundary layer forms over the cockpit at a certain speed which is dependent on the slope of the windshield among other things. Why Does Driving Faster With The Roof Down Keep You Dry? Good stuff.

·
Registered
428 Posts
It's not every day that you see something like this. I was driving home and had to pull off the road to get a pic.

View attachment 27729
Not every day, but it has happened before. Here's my '97 Civic EX. Drove it for 14 years! Same color, at least. ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not every day, but it has happened before. Here's my '97 Civic EX. Drove it for 14 years! Same color, at least. ;)
I think it's a sign that I'll be driving my Boxster for 14 years. Funny, my previous car was also a GTI. Coincidence?

721 - 740 of 769 Posts