Porsche 718 Forum banner

841 - 860 of 864 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sister car to my 2021 Cayman which arrived last week, including the wheel option. For some reason I thought the wheels would be a bit darker and the spokes not quite so thin; however, now that I have the car in hand I'm happy with both the color and how "open" the wheels look. I just finished a DIY Adams Graphene coating procedure. It was not difficult but it took the best part of two days with a lot of washing and wiping. The cost was essentially free since I used the left over juice from when I coated my Panamera which is a joy to wash now. The dirt literally rinses off, so I'm looking forward to that on my Cayman. By the way, this is typical winter weather where I live, so I've got that going for me.

View attachment 29809
i'll be doing a ceramic coating soon but what made you decide on the Adams Graphene coating? i went with the Adams Ceramic Coating that glows when you apply it with a UV light on my BMW. Been researching which coating to use on my Cayman

·
Registered
184 Posts
i'll be doing a ceramic coating soon but what made you decide on the Adams Graphene coating? i went with the Adams Ceramic Coating that glows when you apply it with a UV light on my BMW. Been researching which coating to use on my Cayman
I did some research last Summer when I was getting ready to coat my Panamera. Pan the Organizer has a lot of good information that makes sense and he liked Adams. And, as you point out, it has that very cool UV tracer to help spot any holidays as you apply the product. I bought the kit with the light for something like $120 if I remember correctly. It was easy to apply and produced fantastic, (nearly unbelievable) results on my Panamera. Based on that, and the fact that I still had half the bottle left over, I put it on my new Cayman.

I suspect there are equally good products out there and at the rate these things improve, I suspect something better will be along before too long. But I'm quite happy with Adams

·
Registered
264 Posts
I did some research last Summer when I was getting ready to coat my Panamera. Pan the Organizer has a lot of good information that makes sense and he liked Adams. And, as you point out, it has that very cool UV tracer to help spot any holidays as you apply the product. I bought the kit with the light for something like $120 if I remember correctly. It was easy to apply and produced fantastic, (nearly unbelievable) results on my Panamera. Based on that, and the fact that I still had half the bottle left over, I put it on my new Cayman.

I suspect there are equally good products out there and at the rate these things improve, I suspect something better will be along before too long. But I'm quite happy with Adams
ah okay so the Adams Graphene coating is also a UV product that glows. i thought for some reason it was not

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster - Graphite Blue Metallic
123 Posts
I've had good experience with Adam's Graphene coating as well. I've used both that and Ethos Graphene Matrix. I personally think the Ethos has a slight edge, but the Adam's was slightly easier to work with and level. It probably can't be beat for a first coating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are those side reflectors orange on newer models?
Mine are clear while I see most of them being orange. Did the previous owner of mine stick an aftermarket reflector on it?
Yeah, they're orange, but it's an easy swap to clear. I've ordered the clear ones already.

·
Registered
184 Posts
ah okay so the Adams Graphene coating is also a UV product that glows. i thought for some reason it was not
I have no idea if the coating really protects your paint from UV sun rays or not. What I'm referring to is the UV tracer in the juice itself. Adams sells a kit with the juice, some applicators, micro fiber rags, and a UV flashlight. You spread the product on your paint and then shine the flashlight on the surface. The product glows blue under the UV flashlight to show you if you have missed any spots or not. It also helps, to a lesser degree, to identify any areas you missed when you buff off the product after letting it sit there for two or three minutes.

When you're all done, the coating does not glow in the sunlight. The glow is strictly associated with the application process using the UV flashlight.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Are those side reflectors orange on newer models?
Mine are clear while I see most of them being orange. Did the previous owner of mine stick an aftermarket reflector on it?
i believe from what i've read here the US requires those to be orange from the factory. i swapped mine out with the clear one's that i ordered from SunCoast

·
Registered
657 Posts
While we're on the vinyl topic.
At about the 1 year anniversary of getting it Jan last year, I named my '18 CS.

Home cut vinyl, and not that sticky on glass. Not sure yet if I'll keep it on long term.
Oh goodie! There's my Illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator.

Reactions: TheGreekFreak
841 - 860 of 864 Posts